Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

When did you..

Posted by on Sep. 19, 2013 at 12:01 AM
  • 13 Replies

When did you move your LO to his/her own room?

My DD is 12 weeks old,and still sleeps in her bassinet next to our bed. She has slept a few nights( not all the way through,woke to feed) in her crib in her own room. We are giving the bassinet to a family member who is due soon,but I don't want to leave her in her own room yet. I would much rather have her sleep in her crib,but put it in our room. 

I'm a FTM and I'm just more comfortable with her in the room with us.  Some have said its time to " let go" and move her,but I also have friends who let their kids chose when they are ready to move to their own room. 

What did you ladies do?

by on Sep. 19, 2013 at 12:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
FoxTales
by on Sep. 19, 2013 at 12:07 AM
1 mom liked this
We moved our son when he was about 4 months old and sttn consistently. At the rate my newest one is going, she will never leave my bed :P I jest; she is only 3 weeks old... But she won't sleep in her bassinet for any significant length of time, so she will likely be in our room for awhile.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Terikins
by on Sep. 19, 2013 at 12:13 AM

I would love to co-sleep,but to be honest it makes me nervous. Plus 3 of our dogs sleep with us already :p lol

Terikins
by on Sep. 19, 2013 at 1:36 AM

Bump

kgreen10
by on Sep. 19, 2013 at 1:44 AM
1 mom liked this

My husband helped me to put my daughter in her own room/crib when she was 3 months old. She had started sleeping throughout the night and we moved her then. It was really hard for me becaue I'm a FTM too. I kept waking up and I felt some separation anxiety because she wasn't next to me. It will take some time getting used to it, but do it when YOU and/or YOUR SPOUSE is ready. Don't let anyone tell you anything that isn't comfortable for you because at the end of the day, you are the one that has to live with your decision. 

kgreen10
by on Sep. 19, 2013 at 1:46 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Terikins:

I would love to co-sleep,but to be honest it makes me nervous. Plus 3 of our dogs sleep with us already :p lol

Yes, be very careful with co-sleeping, especially with your dogs. If your daughter is sleeping fine in her bassinet then I would suggest to leave her there. 

CrystalYaris
by on Sep. 19, 2013 at 2:04 AM
1 mom liked this

My son was 3 before he got his own room. Mainly because I've either lived at home with mom or had roommates. Now it's just me nod him in a 3 bedroom house. A part if me wasn't willing to let go, but it was for his own good. He loves having his own room! I enjoy having mine again! Lol

CrystalYaris
by on Sep. 19, 2013 at 2:06 AM
2 moms liked this

I know the first night finally moved my son to his own room,  kept getting up to check on him. I was lost without him in m room

Quoting kgreen10:

My husband helped me to put my daughter in her own room/crib when she was 3 months old. She had started sleeping throughout the night and we moved her then. It was really hard for me becaue I'm a FTM too. I kept waking up and I felt some separation anxiety because she wasn't next to me. It will take some time getting used to it, but do it when YOU and/or YOUR SPOUSE is ready. Don't let anyone tell you anything that isn't comfortable for you because at the end of the day, you are the one that has to live with your decision. 

tabby21
by Member on Sep. 19, 2013 at 2:26 AM
1 mom liked this

i left my son in his bassinett until he was 7 months (he was only 13 lbs at that time) and before that i put him in his own room around 3 months because he would wake up for every little noise but i would leave both doors open so i can hear him...now he knows when its nappy time he ONLY sleeps in his room...good luck mama but its only up to you and how you feel....

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on Sep. 19, 2013 at 10:40 AM
1 mom liked this

My kids were older before we moved them.

PeaceMuch
by Kali on Sep. 19, 2013 at 12:01 PM
1 mom liked this
5/6 months
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)