Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

When did you first find out that you’d be a mom?

Posted by on Sep. 25, 2013 at 11:50 AM
  • 35 Replies

When did you find out you were going to be a mom? What was the first thing you thought when you heard the news? Was your SO happy? What about your family?

When I found out, the first thing I thought was, "Oh, crap!" LOL, but then I felt really happy, and everyone else was thrilled.

♥ ♥   I love to read. ♥ ♥

by on Sep. 25, 2013 at 11:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mrs.gosnell
by Kristina on Sep. 25, 2013 at 11:56 AM
November 8, 2012
goddiddlyumshis
by on Sep. 25, 2013 at 11:57 AM
October 17, 2007 :)
Scared shitless, both of us.
Our family was surprised and excited lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
luvmybug
by Amanda on Sep. 25, 2013 at 12:18 PM
I had just turned 17. I found out I was five months pregnant when I went in for a kidney infection. I was shocked to say the least. But then I started being happy about it. And soon I was in 'mommy-mode'. :)
justinnaimee
by Bronze Member on Sep. 25, 2013 at 12:19 PM
My 20th birthday. I cried and dh ran around telling everyone. We had been trying for about a year.
EmilysMom2010
by Bronze Member on Sep. 25, 2013 at 12:22 PM
I was 26. We hadn't used bc in two and a half years. And I was shocked. Lmao. Don't know why.
I cried and my husband said "time to go shopping". He preceded to buy anything and everything we would need. We didn't even need anything when the baby shower came around.
roseblossom90
by Bronze Member on Sep. 25, 2013 at 12:58 PM

I found out Aug. 3rd 2011, a week and a day before my wedding. I was like. "OMG what am I going to do? Grandma is going to go crazy!" My husband, who was just my fiance then, was a mixture of happy and scared. My dad was happy about it but my grandmother, who I lived with, was furious and kicked me out of the house for a week. My husband's family was happy about it though.

jamaicanmom89
by Member on Sep. 25, 2013 at 2:36 PM

when i was 19. just broke up with my ex and a month after i missed my period. was scare shitless, cuz he was overseas and i just finish college. didnt say nothing for a month to my family. when i told them, they were ok and then they be came overprotective. i was treated like a princess. with my second son, i was 23. now this one was a shock. my bf was so shock he didnt talk for a entire day.

PeaceMuch
by Kali on Sep. 25, 2013 at 2:44 PM

I was 21. It was January 2006. I wasn't surprised, I knew I was before I even missed period. I was excited, happy and scared! Lol My husband felt the same. The family was happy.

la_bella_vita
by Gold Member on Sep. 25, 2013 at 6:25 PM
1 mom liked this

We had just moved into our new home. It was the very first day and I took the test in our brand new bathroom. They said it would be super hard for me to conceive boy were they wrong ; )

momager2two
by Member on Sep. 25, 2013 at 6:30 PM
I was 18 when i found out, 19 when i delivered dd1. When i told my ex he told me my only option was to have an abortion and he would set it up. I refused, so he broke up with me. Like a month later he called asking if we could meet and talk. He picked me up and took me to the clinic. I refused to get out of the car. He took me home. I didnt hear from him again until dd was 8 mths old and he filed for full custody.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)