Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Any Attachment Parenting enthusiasts in here?

Posted by on Sep. 25, 2013 at 9:08 PM
  • 17 Replies

You know, co-sleeping... breastfeeding... anti-CIO... baby-wearing...baby-led weaning?

I am TTC and just like to discuss my future concerns with like-minded mommas :)

"We must be willing to let go of the life we have planned, so as to have the life that is waiting for us"

by on Sep. 25, 2013 at 9:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Freckles4u
by on Sep. 25, 2013 at 9:19 PM
I practiced some attachment parenting methods. I co-sleep with my 21 month old but will be moving him into his own room at too. I still breastfeed but am slowly giving in to encouraging weening. I would have done the whole baby wearing thing but I just never got a wrap but I will be with the next baby. And I dot believe in crying it out unless it's a matter of my child throwing a ft to get what he wants because he is mad and I said no.
mrsspurlockk
by on Sep. 25, 2013 at 9:20 PM

Hi, Freckles4u! You sounds like a great momma! 21 months is quite the accomplishment :)

CIO is "cry it out"... I just can't deal with that lol. Actually just read a post where a woman was talking about her 11 week old "screaming at the top of his lungs until he falls asleep" so now I'm emotional :/

Auds_and_Liam
by on Sep. 26, 2013 at 12:38 PM

This is exactly how I parent lol. Feel free to ask away! :)

JoanahLee
by Member on Sep. 26, 2013 at 12:48 PM
1 mom liked this

We do as much attachment parenting as we are allowed/able to do.  All of our kids are foster children, so there are very strict rules about sleeping with our babies, and clearly, no breastfeeding (even if by magic one of us could, its not allowed).  Ive found that the principles of attachment parenting are wonderful for helping neglected and abused kids feel safe and develop a bond with us. While we were unable to cosleep, we did stay with them until they fell asleep, and any time they woke up at night I rocked them or sat with them until they were asleep again. My last kids were too heavy for my wraps, so we invested in a pair of ergo carriers (for our toddler twins) and we wore them everywhere.  We held them when they cried, never forced them to eat if they were not hungry and took our cues from them.  We will do the same with our next placement regardless of age. 

mrsspurlockk
by on Sep. 26, 2013 at 8:23 PM
Joanah, what if you had donated breast milk? Could you feed that to a fostered infant? No co-sleeping at all?? Even small children (birth-two) can't sleep in your room? How sad :/
I am curious bc my husband and I may foster in the future.
mrsspurlockk
by on Sep. 26, 2013 at 8:25 PM
Hey girl. So how are you and your babies? How long have you been an AP and how did you come about parenting this way? We're your parents AP?

Quoting Auds_and_Liam:

mrsspurlockk
by on Sep. 26, 2013 at 8:25 PM
How old*

Quoting mrsspurlockk:

Hey girl. So how are you and your babies? How long have you been an AP and how did you come about parenting this way? We're your parents AP?

Quoting Auds_and_Liam:

Auds_and_Liam
by on Sep. 26, 2013 at 8:56 PM
I am 21 and my son is 6 months, and I've been AP since day one! I did a ton of research while pregnant and some things just sounded so wrong to me that I kind of just fell into this kind of parenting style. My parents both encouraged me to breast feed and I knew I wanted to at least try to, never knowing if I'd be able to since I'm a first time mom, but it has been great for us! And cosleeping has been the only way for me to be able to rest at all, my son is very attached to me so he has to be able to reach out and touch me to be comfortable and sleep soundly. Otherwise he wakes up multiple times and won't fall back asleep unless I'm holding him. Plus it's nice to be able to side-lay with him and nurse during the night.. My mom didn't cosleep and she tried to convince me about crying it out but I told her I would never practice that method with my son. His cry means something cuz he doesn't usually fuss about anything so I know it's a cue that he needs me.. Baby wearing is awesome! I like the moby wrap best, definitely recommend it! I also have a Snugli carrier that works great too, just isn't as ergonomic.. I love this style of parenting, my son knows he is loved and is always assured of that.
MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on Sep. 26, 2013 at 11:59 PM

ME!!!!

Freckles4u
by on Sep. 27, 2013 at 7:41 AM
Lol yea I realized what CIO was and edited my response lol! I felt silly once I realized, but yea I don't do that.

And thank you. I am starting to get exhausted by breastfeeding, but it's been enjoyable. Started AF finally a little while ago and since then bf has been not as fun due to soreness.

Quoting mrsspurlockk:

Hi, Freckles4u! You sounds like a great momma! 21 months is quite the accomplishment :)

CIO is "cry it out"... I just can't deal with that lol. Actually just read a post where a woman was talking about her 11 week old "screaming at the top of his lungs until he falls asleep" so now I'm emotional :/

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN