Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Mom workouts anyone?!

Posted by on Sep. 25, 2013 at 11:15 PM
  • 32 Replies

I am proud to say I have two children, a 3 year old and a 7 month old but I hate my mom body! Don't get me wrong, I took all this on my body for my boys and I would do it again if need be, but in the wake of it all it totally hit my self confidence. My mom body isn't bad, I have some stretch marks and I've only gained 20 pounds total so that puts me at 120lbs which isn't bad, I am not complaining about my weight. I was very small when i first got pregnant so the weight gain was great for me, filled me out a bit, even gave me a butt =]. Its the flabbiness that I despise so much!! So I am calling all the moms that have got their groove back to help me and the other moms out there get our groove back by toning up and getting healthy again! and suggestions would be amazing! thanks girls!

by on Sep. 25, 2013 at 11:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
scoleman828
by on Sep. 25, 2013 at 11:22 PM
I have a friend who swears by the beach body program - exercise programs & shakeology diet. After a little over a year following it, she looks awesome! Me? I haven't found the motivation yet but, my youngest (and last) is only 7 weeks so I figure I will start running soon. That and step aerobics has always been what interested me. my suggestion - find something you enjoy, as long as you're active it's a step in the right direction.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mumma_loz
by on Sep. 26, 2013 at 2:18 AM

I Have a newborn and four year old and what I do to make sure I get my 30mins a day of excersize is to takemy four year old to the play ground and push my newborn around the Playground equipment. That way I can keep my eye on my big girl and gives her some outdoor time, I get to still get my excersize in and I don't have to pay for any gyms, crèches to look after the kids while I do :-)

MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on Sep. 26, 2013 at 8:49 AM

Great tip!

Quoting Mumma_loz:

I Have a newborn and four year old and what I do to make sure I get my 30mins a day of excersize is to takemy four year old to the play ground and push my newborn around the Playground equipment. That way I can keep my eye on my big girl and gives her some outdoor time, I get to still get my excersize in and I don't have to pay for any gyms, crèches to look after the kids while I do :-)

mrscass0416
by Silver Member on Sep. 26, 2013 at 8:59 AM

try youtube... you'd be surprised at what you can find on there, I love the channel "insanehomefatloss" it's like 15 minute workouts, and in those 15 minutes you work up a sweat and will be sore the next day. I love them. It's great for when the children are napping or first thing in the morning. 

SN: I personally like the video with the skinny brunette, she was awesome plus I love listening to accents lol. 

CanRod623
by on Sep. 26, 2013 at 2:41 PM

This program sounds great! Do you know if it is something you have to pay a membership fee to be apart of? its more of the exercise i need, not so much of a diet, but healthy eating is always my goal though i sneak a cheeseburger or cookie here and there =]. Things like this that can be done at home are really what i need, gym memberships are just too much. I do have to say that i recently walked every morning and i felt amazing! My oldest would ride his bike and i would push the little man in my stroller but  my son's bike is undergoing some remodeling so that has put my walks on hold. But I hope to get back to them soon!

Thank you so much for you suggestion and words of encouragment! =]

Quoting scoleman828:

I have a friend who swears by the beach body program - exercise programs & shakeology diet. After a little over a year following it, she looks awesome! Me? I haven't found the motivation yet but, my youngest (and last) is only 7 weeks so I figure I will start running soon. That and step aerobics has always been what interested me. my suggestion - find something you enjoy, as long as you're active it's a step in the right direction.

CanRod623
by on Sep. 26, 2013 at 2:43 PM

This is a great idea to get back into it! thanks! =]

Quoting Mumma_loz:

megz0511
by Member on Sep. 26, 2013 at 2:46 PM
I did the spark people diet, couch to 5k, and zumba classes. I have to pay for someone to torture me of I won't stick with it lol.
CanRod623
by on Sep. 26, 2013 at 2:47 PM

Great idea! I have actually never thought to look on YouTube. I guess you just never know what your going to get so it has always discouraged me a bit from going on there. But i will defiantly try the channel you mention and let you know how it goes! At home workouts are key for me at the moment.

Quoting mrscass0416:

try youtube... you'd be surprised at what you can find on there, I love the channel "insanehomefatloss" it's like 15 minute workouts, and in those 15 minutes you work up a sweat and will be sore the next day. I love them. It's great for when the children are napping or first thing in the morning. 

SN: I personally like the video with the skinny brunette, she was awesome plus I love listening to accents lol. 

C.H.E.L.S.E.A
by Silver Member on Sep. 26, 2013 at 3:32 PM

I like doing workout dvds. Sometimes I try different ones from the library for free (if I don't like it, it's not a big deal that way). But I mostly stick to doing Shuan T's Insanity, that's my favorite workout. I take a lot of walks too, and get outside and run around with my son.

SpnFulOfSugar
by Member on Sep. 26, 2013 at 3:33 PM
If you want to join a gym crossfit is amazing
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN