Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Too young for kids

Posted by on Sep. 25, 2013 at 11:42 PM
  • 37 Replies

DO you sometimes wish you waited to have kids?

I'm 20 and my son is 4 months old. SOmetimes I wish I waited until I was older, other times, I'm glad I had him while young to prevent complications.

by on Sep. 25, 2013 at 11:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
frndlyfn
by Silver Member on Sep. 25, 2013 at 11:46 PM

I had my dd mid 20s just as planned.  I saw all the mistakes my mom made with me when she had me at 19.  I also did tons of babysitting and even had a nanny job in teen years so i could learn lots before she was born.

CrystalYaris
by on Sep. 25, 2013 at 11:58 PM

I was 23 when I had my son. It was a bit earlier than I had planned. When I was a teen, I wanted kids after I was 25. I love him very much, and he has been a true blessing, but sometimes I wish I did wait a little bit longer because I feel like I missed out having just me to worry about. My son came into my life at a perfect time, though. My husband cheated on me and left me for the other girl while I was away helping my grandmother for a few days with the loss of my grandfather. Then, I lost two of my aunts. I wasn't finding a job so easily because I had no transportation (car broke down in Illinois when I had lived there the year before). Then, finally, 4 months after my husband had left me, I had gotten a job and found out a week after getting hired that I was pregnant. My life changed for the best. I was all in a moments time no longer depressed and stopped smoking and drinking.

mrsniebo
by Silver Member on Sep. 26, 2013 at 12:12 AM
I had DD when I was 24 and DS when I was 26 and think it has worked out pretty well. DH and I had both finished school, gotten married, bought a house, and paid off all student loans before starting our family. My only regret is that we didn't have much time in our marriage as just a couple- we had been together nearly 3 years, but only married 4 months before getting pregnant.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lovemymini
by Member on Sep. 26, 2013 at 12:16 AM
I'm glad I had DS at 23. I'm 29 now and pregnant a second time and I just feel so out of it. Makes me wish I had another baby shortly after my first.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Honey_Comb
by Bronze Member on Sep. 26, 2013 at 12:23 AM
I was 20 when I had dd1. I was 22 dd2. I was 26 when I had dd3. And am now pregnant with dc4 and am 27. Couldn't be happier with the way things are.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mama9512
by on Sep. 26, 2013 at 4:42 AM
I was 24 with DD and I'll be 25 with DS... I wouldn't change anything in my life even though they were both earlier than planned. I do wish I could change sone of my friends lives though do that they were going through similar things and could relate to me though.
Miss_Sheila
by on Sep. 26, 2013 at 4:45 AM
1 mom liked this
I was 16 with my first. I am now 22 with my fourth and last. Still with my husband and father of my kids. Sometimes i wish i eould have waited a bit i havent gone to college its something i wana do next year hopefully
la_sirena22
by Member on Sep. 26, 2013 at 6:08 AM

I Was 23 with my first. Total surprise but the timing ended up being great for my husband and I. Now I'm almost 25 and just had our second son on Saturday and I cannot imagine life without my boys! No regrets. Sure, I wonder "what if" but that is a waste of time. I love my family!

MelanieMans
by Member on Sep. 26, 2013 at 6:14 AM
I was 20 when I got pregnant and I was 21 for 2 months before I had him. He was planned but I wouldnt have minded having him earlier than that.....
mrs.gosnell
by on Sep. 26, 2013 at 7:49 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm 22 my baby is almost 3 months. Sometimes I feel like I wasn't ready when he was born . But if I wasn't ready God wouldnt had sent my baby boy to me
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN