Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Belly bands?

Posted by on Sep. 26, 2013 at 8:44 AM
  • 10 Replies
Hi everyone! I'm 8 weeks pregnant and I'm looking into ways to save money on maternity clothes. Last pregnancy when my belly grew it was spring so leggings were fine but now it's getting cold and leggings won't cut it since I'm due in may. I want to buy belly bands and I want to know do they really work when you get to 8-9months? I also went on different sizes and some have sizes and some are one size, how can I tell what size I'll be?
Thank you :-)
by on Sep. 26, 2013 at 8:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on Sep. 26, 2013 at 8:47 AM

I've never used them but bump

mrscass0416
by Silver Member on Sep. 26, 2013 at 9:06 AM

leggings work great for now, get some and a few oversized sweaters (forever21) and knee high boots (flats) or some booties (flats) and  there you go, add a scarf for extra cuteness. I also like  http://www.asseenontv.com/detail.php?p=431426&pa=sli these to help your current shirts that are just a tad bit to short. Once it starts getting warmer, maxi dresses and flat sandals. Buying in a regular store just bigger sizes is a great way to save money. Maternity clothes are too expensive in my opinion. 

I hope this helps. If you look up "itsjudytime" on youtube, when she was pregnant she also did the same so that she could wear the clothes after her baby was born. 

mama2b100808
Dear Lucy, God took one from Earth and we have one more to go! Your justice will be served by his hands! We love you and miss you! :)
Today at 10:42 AM
by Mandy on Sep. 26, 2013 at 11:00 AM

I have no idea good luck.

yankeefan828
by on Sep. 26, 2013 at 12:08 PM
Thanks! I actually have all of that but I tend to wear heels while I'm pregnant so my flat boot collection is pretty small lol. That's funny you said forever 21 I bought some sweaters on labor day since everything was on sale. I am just worried when it gets colder and I should wear jeans. I like to plan ahead so I want to buy them before I actually need it. Dh just wants me to buy sweats and go out like that lol. I refuse to wear sweats out period so we are in a current argument about it. I will check out the link you sent when I get on my computer. Thank you

Quoting mrscass0416:

leggings work great for now, get some and a few oversized sweaters (forever21) and knee high boots (flats) or some booties (flats) and  there you go, add a scarf for extra cuteness. I also like  http://www.asseenontv.com/detail.php?p=431426&pa=sli these to help your current shirts that are just a tad bit to short. Once it starts getting warmer, maxi dresses and flat sandals. Buying in a regular store just bigger sizes is a great way to save money. Maternity clothes are too expensive in my opinion. 

I hope this helps. If you look up "itsjudytime" on youtube, when she was pregnant she also did the same so that she could wear the clothes after her baby was born. 

mrscass0416
by Silver Member on Sep. 26, 2013 at 12:14 PM

lol. have you tried zulily.com? They have such cute stuff. and lol @ your dh wanting you to wear sweats. and YW :-). Oh and if you have a Ross (the store lol) anywhere near you they sell maternity clothes, name brand and very cheap! (like a tj maxx but cheaper)

Quoting yankeefan828:

Thanks! I actually have all of that but I tend to wear heels while I'm pregnant so my flat boot collection is pretty small lol. That's funny you said forever 21 I bought some sweaters on labor day since everything was on sale. I am just worried when it gets colder and I should wear jeans. I like to plan ahead so I want to buy them before I actually need it. Dh just wants me to buy sweats and go out like that lol. I refuse to wear sweats out period so we are in a current argument about it. I will check out the link you sent when I get on my computer. Thank you

Quoting mrscass0416:

jupiter5
by Member on Sep. 26, 2013 at 12:16 PM
Yoga pants all day erryday
yankeefan828
by on Sep. 26, 2013 at 12:18 PM
Yes I have zulily and I have totsy. I wish I has a Ross by me it's and hour away :-( I might drive out there when my morning sickness goes away.

Quoting mrscass0416:

lol. have you tried zulily.com? They have such cute stuff. and lol @ your dh wanting you to wear sweats. and YW :-). Oh and if you have a Ross (the store lol) anywhere near you they sell maternity clothes, name brand and very cheap! (like a tj maxx but cheaper)

Quoting yankeefan828:

Quoting mrscass0416:

yankeefan828
by on Sep. 26, 2013 at 12:20 PM
I wear my yoga pants when I do yoga lol they are comfortable but not that warm. That would be like wearing leggings. But thank you :-)

Quoting jupiter5:

Yoga pants all day erryday

CanRod623
by on Sep. 26, 2013 at 2:58 PM

I didn't have a belly band with my first but like you I tried it with my second and for me it was a major fail. It worked for awhile, maybe to my 5th month but then the zipper continued to dig into my belly, my son was low, so it was major uncomfortable so i just ended up at Ross which i highly suggest even if it is an hour away. I got a few pair of maternity pants there for like $15 a piece and you cant beat that price! Also with the belly band I always felt like my pants were falling off because of the loose fit on top, they never were but that feeling drove me insane! As for the morning sickness and cars, take motion sickness medicine. I naturally get motion sick but especially bad when I was pregnant and both of my OBs I had told me that the medicine was fine to take while pregnant, just in case you were wondering. But whatever you do do not buy the off brand! I did this awhile back and it was horrible! I seriously barfed the whole car ride, it was miserable!

emmasmama09
by Member on Sep. 26, 2013 at 10:01 PM

Im about 4 months and already the belly band does not work well. I get huge fast though (all belly ) it made my pants dig into me.:( not worth the money. I just invested in a couple pairs of maternity pants and should be able to wear my regular every day shirts for a while longer:)   CONGRATS by the way:)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)