Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

What do you want in a day care?

Posted by on Sep. 27, 2013 at 12:47 AM
  • 6 Replies
Hey mommies i will soon be opening a daycare!! i am wondering if those of you who have your children in daycare or who have worked in daycare can share things you like or dislike about it. I want so badly to do the best possible job caring for little ones but i feel like i'm at a little bit of a disadvantage because i have never had my child in daycare. Any input will help!!
by on Sep. 27, 2013 at 12:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
mrscass0416
by Silver Member on Sep. 27, 2013 at 8:24 AM
1 mom liked this

I want to open one too! For two years, my husbnad has said no lol. He doesn't like children that aren't his own

What I like.....

to know what my child has been doing all day while he was there

to know if another child did anything to him

I can't really think of anything else outside of the "norm" that I would want to know. My son goes to a pretty good "daycare/learning center" and I have never had an issue except the one time a kid bit him, he got sent home for a couple of days (he did more then that to the teachers)

jezike
by on Sep. 27, 2013 at 10:23 AM

Please do not be overwhelmed. I have seen greedy daycare owners who think it is easy to take care of other peoples children but they are so overwhelmed that they cannot give 1 on 1 attention. They just like the money that taking care of lots of children can bring. Maybe you should start with one or two kids at one time and then add when you feel you are ready :-)

MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on Sep. 27, 2013 at 1:47 PM

I did daycare for awhile. Miss it somedays. Have you talked to the state about getting licensed? There are rules about the number of children you can have in your home while unlicensed.

Gavinsmom2013
by on Sep. 27, 2013 at 3:08 PM
I'm starting with two plus my own for that very reason :)

Quoting jezike:

Please do not be overwhelmed. I have seen greedy daycare owners who think it is easy to take care of other peoples children but they are so overwhelmed that they cannot give 1 on 1 attention. They just like the money that taking care of lots of children can bring. Maybe you should start with one or two kids at one time and then add when you feel you are ready :-)

Gavinsmom2013
by on Sep. 27, 2013 at 3:10 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes i'm in the process of getting licensed :) they come next week to do an inspection

Quoting MamaBear2cubs:

I did daycare for awhile. Miss it somedays. Have you talked to the state about getting licensed? There are rules about the number of children you can have in your home while unlicensed.

Gavinsmom2013
by on Sep. 27, 2013 at 7:09 PM
BUMP!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)