Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

my 3 year old son starting pre-k

Posted by on Sep. 27, 2013 at 2:18 AM
  • 6 Replies
Ok its 11:14pm right now and my 3 year old son was surpose to start school today but they told me the bus wasnt coming til monday ...but than the bus showed up this morning ....so now he going tomorrow and im so nervous...he starting pre-k a special kind of class to help with his speech....this is my first born and im a nervous weck...i wanna cry because i dont know how he would feel knowing mommy wont be on the bus with him :( ...anyone been through this before?!?!? just scared because he is only 3
by on Sep. 27, 2013 at 2:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
frndlyfn
by Silver Member on Sep. 27, 2013 at 2:37 AM

I went through it when dd was 5 and went to kinder.  We were not able to get her into preschool due to finances.   She loved it though and we maintained communication with bus driver about things since she is very scatter brained at times.

erin708
by Silver Member on Sep. 27, 2013 at 8:00 AM
My youngest is 3 and started preschool this yr. We don't bus here though. She was fine(surprisingly). She didn't even give me a hug goodbye. Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
deboramomof2
by Member on Sep. 27, 2013 at 1:16 PM
Awww...ya i had to bus because i live with my parents at the moment and they work so no one could take him to school...and he just hoped on the bus when the door opened lol

Quoting erin708:

My youngest is 3 and started preschool this yr. We don't bus here though. She was fine(surprisingly). She didn't even give me a hug goodbye. Lol

MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on Sep. 27, 2013 at 1:46 PM

Aww bittersweet, Good luck to the both of you, I'm sure he will do fine!

MrzPalmer
by Member on Sep. 27, 2013 at 7:57 PM
Im about to be going through the same thing my sons about to start pre-k and its for his speech to but I refuse to let him ride the bus. And I've been thinking the same as you to, so tirade my mind im going to try and become a volunteer with the school so I can be there if he needs me. I want to be as much involved as I can. But I know he needs this so I have to suck it up lol
esox
by Bronze Member on Sep. 27, 2013 at 8:04 PM
The parents always have a far worse time than the kids do when its time for school to start. Remember you are sending them to a place full of people who have gone to school for years and years to study child development, education, and special needs of individual children. Your child's teacher(s) are there because they love kids and love instilling knowledge and life skills in your child.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN