Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Do you spank your kid(s)?

Posted by on Sep. 27, 2013 at 11:03 AM
  • 32 Replies

My sister posted on Facebook about how the scariest words in her house are, "Don't make me get the spoon!"

Do you spank your kid(s)? If so, do you have rules/limits on when you spank or how? If not, how do you discipline instead?

by on Sep. 27, 2013 at 11:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mrsniebo
by Silver Member on Sep. 27, 2013 at 11:12 AM
I've never felt I had a need to spank. Time out and a quick talk about what was wrong is all the more DD has needed to correct her behavior.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Rosebud27aj
by on Sep. 27, 2013 at 11:15 AM

We don't spank. Time-outs still work for my boys. We also take things away and talking to my oldest after time-outs work. 

Josie_P
by on Sep. 27, 2013 at 11:35 AM
1 mom liked this

Yes. I only spank with an open hand. No objects or closed fist.

aiden032809
by Member on Sep. 27, 2013 at 12:35 PM

i use time out. well i try and use it, from time to time when my 4yr old son does something  just crazy like bite me or punch me i spank him i just dont put up with that kind of stuff ... but thats rare not very common hes a good kid overall

Edenpeden
by on Sep. 27, 2013 at 12:38 PM
I've "popped" rarely when she did something horrible, like saying I hate you over and over or running in a busy parking lot. Usually I just have to start counting to three and that's a far as it goes.
floridamom34601
by Courtney on Sep. 27, 2013 at 12:48 PM
1 mom liked this

I've started spanking my 3 yr old son but with just my hand.

felicia0387
by on Sep. 27, 2013 at 1:35 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes i spank! Its funny because im all like dont make me get that spatula lol! I use spanking as a last resort. I do time out first, if that does not work i explain why i am spanking him and he gets a spanking. That usually straightens him out.

Bertha21
by Member on Sep. 27, 2013 at 1:36 PM
No. It's tempting sometimes, but I don't ever want to spank.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommyOf2341
by on Sep. 27, 2013 at 1:37 PM
I use to be a spanker.Just the butt,hands,or sometimes mouth.Depends on what happened.I def stopped because i felt horrible after doing it.It didnt do anything.I now take their favorite things away for the rest of the day and to earn it back,try again for tomorrow.BUT if it something very VERY bad,your lil ass is grass buddy lol
MommyOf2341
by on Sep. 27, 2013 at 1:38 PM
I do the same lol

Quoting felicia0387:

Yes i spank! Its funny because im all like dont make me get that spatula lol! I use spanking as a last resort. I do time out first, if that does not work i explain why i am spanking him and he gets a spanking. That usually straightens him out.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN