Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

What birth control should I choose??

Posted by on Sep. 30, 2013 at 2:19 AM
  • 10 Replies
I just had my daughter a month and a half ago and I've never been on any kind of birth control before. I'm really bad about taking pills, so I feel like that's not the best option. And I've heard nothing good about IUD's. any suggestions??
by on Sep. 30, 2013 at 2:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lilangel_4206
by on Sep. 30, 2013 at 3:25 AM
I'm on the depo for the second time. My first was after my oldest was born. I was on it for 2 years and then got on the pill. I did gain some weight. The pill did not work for me cause thanks to that I got pregnant with my second girl. I'm back on the depo and soo far no weight gain
esox
by Bronze Member on Sep. 30, 2013 at 5:52 AM
I loved my IUD (Paragard). I had it in for over 2 years and never had any issues with it. Well, once I had to go have the strings regicide behind my cervix but other than that it was great!
NuvaRing nearly killed me.
lovinmykiddo07
by Bronze Member on Sep. 30, 2013 at 5:55 AM
Non hormonal. For sure. Paragard or Natural Family Planning.

I almost died because of hormonal birth control. I didn't smoke. I was 19. And I had no history of clots. Do you smoke?
MamaPeanut
by Kristy on Sep. 30, 2013 at 8:35 AM
I've only ever used the Pill, and nothing now because my dh had a vasectomy.
Courtney610
by Courtney on Sep. 30, 2013 at 8:55 AM
Take all of your concerns and discuss them with your doctor. I wish I could help you, but I didn't do well in any bc.

I don't use any bc, I had a hysterectomy.
AydensMommy1008
by Member on Oct. 1, 2013 at 10:10 PM

Ive done the pills, the shot, the patch and Ive been on Nuvaring for 2 1/2 yrs. I love it, my only flaw with it is I cant personally leave it in when I have sex bc it rubs against me insisde and irritates me, so I just take it out when we have sex and put it back in after. Theres other women that dont have a problem keeping it in during sex though. But speaking from experience, I have tried 3 other forms of bc plus the nuva and its worked best for me. Its $100 a month with my ins, a little pricey but you dont have the worry about forgetting pills. And the control is really protective as well. Oh and another plus for me being on it (Idk if other women have the same thing going on or not) but, when its my time to take it out, I know I always have like 2 1/2 days typically before I start my period. My 1st day is pretty heavy, but I really only have a period for like 4ish days and I think thats pretty amazing! lol

felicia0387
by on Oct. 1, 2013 at 10:59 PM

I have the implanon and i love it, i dont even know its there really. Just talk to your doctor and explore all your options! good luck

love-eaves
by on Oct. 1, 2013 at 11:11 PM
I'm with you on this. Looking top get birth control for the 1St time. I asked my for the pills though because I'm Breast feeding. Let me know what you use
cchanin
by on Oct. 2, 2013 at 1:55 AM
I had the Mirena which is an IUD.. Honestly I loved it.. I'm the worst with remembering to take pills.. I never had problems with it and it mad my periods regular, lighter, and shorter.. I only got it taken it out because I was ready for another baby.. And after I have this baby in January I will most likely get back on Mirena unless my bf thinks he's going to want another child within the next year.
sburger315
by on Oct. 2, 2013 at 6:40 AM

I suggest looking up Natural Family Planning. This is what my sil did and she didn't get pregnant until they stopped doing it. (They did it for about 3 years) My husband and I also did this and didn't get pregnant until we decided to try for another baby.

It doesn't change anything in your body like other birth controls and you have the ability to stop or start whenever you want!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN