Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

I am a horrible wife and mother!!!

Posted by on Sep. 30, 2013 at 7:37 PM
  • 15 Replies

I really am... I was trying to explain to my husband that our daughter constantly talks back to me and he argues with me that she is just correcting my information... So in a hormonal rage I threw my phone at the wall behind him and missed and it popped him in the eye... I can't believe this... I am 5 months pregnant living in a barn outside my parents house with so much stress and that is how i snap?? My poor 6 year old started crying and asking if her daddy was going to leave... then he comes back to the door and tells her she can go play outside even though it is close to bed time and a school night and when i told him no she doesnt need to go he told me to shut the f**k up and she can do whatever the f**k she wants.... I dont know what to do!!!  I am such a horrible person!!

by on Sep. 30, 2013 at 7:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BoxxyBabee
by on Sep. 30, 2013 at 7:39 PM

draaamaaa

DomsMama07
by Bronze Member on Sep. 30, 2013 at 7:40 PM
2 moms liked this
Oh hell no! My df wouldn't talk to me like that.. Then again I wouldn't throw shit at him. You both are in the wrong!
alexsmomaubrys2
by Silver Member on Sep. 30, 2013 at 7:41 PM

You sound like the victim in this situation. You didn't handle the situation well but he sounds controlling, under minding you with your own children. 

MBRsmommy
by on Sep. 30, 2013 at 7:42 PM

It sounds like both of you were in the wrong. You both need to be on the same page when it comes to parenting. A lot of different talks should go on in the course of your marriage regarding your child and this is one of those times where you need to take a long talk and sort things out. Not just how she should be raised but what each partners feelings were in this situation. Just from the paragraph you wrote I can tell that this is probably not a one time occurance of butting heads. I recommend sorting things out after your daughter is in bed.

esox
by Bronze Member on Sep. 30, 2013 at 7:44 PM
So.. your kids will be able to say they WERE raised in a barn later in life when people tell them to shut the door?
Sounds like your husband gives her permission to talk to you that way and like he underminds your approaches.
No way I'd let anyone talk to me that way. Specially not my husband! I would never throw anything at him/in his direction either though. You're sure this is where you want to be?
jaymisue
by Member on Sep. 30, 2013 at 8:02 PM

He is constantly verbally abusing me but has never laid a hand on me.... THe barn thing is such a long story it's not even worth it but we have lights and ac and all that just no kitchen and bathroom.... anyways, i have no excuse and now he is mad cause i was watching "our show" and then he called me abusive and rude when i told him i figured he wouldnt want to be near me then he followed that by telling our oldest to play with her sister while she is still here... i dont believe in divorce but what else is there? our daughter is msart but such a smart ass and he says we fight like siblings so i tell him that i am the mom and he needs to teach her to respect me as the mom not treat me like a child like he does...

AiLi
by on Sep. 30, 2013 at 8:29 PM

First of all, you are not a horrible wife and mother.  You are pregnant and your husband is acting like you should be beneath him.  There is nothing wrong with explaining it to him or punishing your own child.  Take away whatever you can like toys or a phone or something and tell him that something needs to be done about the child.  With the bed time, I would have flat out told my husband that unless he decides to stay home (if he's working), cleaning, etc. the child needs to go to bed.  She has school tomorrow. 

Please don't think down on yourself for this stuff.  A marriage should be a partnership.

AiLi
by on Sep. 30, 2013 at 8:32 PM

I don't believe in divorce either, but sometimes there is literally no other option.  If he is verbally abusive then you need to leave him.  

Quoting jaymisue:

He is constantly verbally abusing me but has never laid a hand on me.... THe barn thing is such a long story it's not even worth it but we have lights and ac and all that just no kitchen and bathroom.... anyways, i have no excuse and now he is mad cause i was watching "our show" and then he called me abusive and rude when i told him i figured he wouldnt want to be near me then he followed that by telling our oldest to play with her sister while she is still here... i dont believe in divorce but what else is there? our daughter is msart but such a smart ass and he says we fight like siblings so i tell him that i am the mom and he needs to teach her to respect me as the mom not treat me like a child like he does...

MamaPeanut
by Kristy on Oct. 1, 2013 at 12:28 PM
You realize you can probably lose your kids to CPS for living like that, right? Not to mention it's often a felony to have physical fights in front of kids.

This is clearly an unhealthy relationship. So you honestly think it's better to mess up your kids like this forever, because you "don't believe in divorce"? How selfish is that?
luvmybug
by Amanda on Oct. 1, 2013 at 12:44 PM
1 mom liked this
Wow. You are both in the wrong on this one. I really think you need counseling, and a new place to live.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN