Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Do we have any blended families with ex husband wife's baby mama drama? PLEASE HELP!!

Posted by on Sep. 30, 2013 at 9:54 PM
  • 11 Replies

So I will run thru this as quick as possible I am not sure what to do at this point so help??

My fathers child married this lady about a year ago they have a child and she also has 2 other children that do not belong to him. My ex and I had been split up for about 4 years when they met so clearly me and him have both moved on. I am married and have been with my husband for 5 years. But ever since they have been together it has been a fight over everything he moved 2 hours away to live with her so no I am expected to travel an hour so my daughter can see her dad. Well here recently my daughter has been begging and crying to not go she says that his wife is mean to her. She is 7. So I tell my ex that we need to go back to mediation about this because I do not want anybody to be mean to my child.. 

We had to go through mediation as well because they would get her 2 hours away and refuse to meet me and would not tell me where they lived so I just quit responding to any texts.After mediation was done we had to agree on drop off times etc.... Well I never did sign the papers and I don't know why but after sunday I am glad I didn't..So my husband and I go to meet them and this lady his wife has cut my childs hair off like almost above her ears and it was down past her shoulders.. So I get out of the car and I say why did you cut her hair? And she starts screaming and cussing at me to shut the#$#$ up and calling me names and threathening to beat my ass, I know for a fact that she has been violent with my ex. 

My concern is I do not want my child around somebody who is so violent. If she is going to be all crazy around me for no reason how does she act when she is alone with my child. My question is what is the next step here? I do not have the money to fight him in court and he does not have the money to fight me either so what should I do? Has anybody had any similiar experiences with this? Please help ladies!!!

by on Sep. 30, 2013 at 9:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
aileymomma2four
by on Oct. 1, 2013 at 3:10 AM
Ok first off. Totally justified in getting upset about her hair. Secondly, find out of your state has legal aid. They might be able to help, or just a consultation with any attorney, usually those are free, while your there ask what you could do about defending yourself against them. Good luck honey.
aileymomma2four
by on Oct. 1, 2013 at 3:15 AM
I rent my home from my ex and his fiancee.we all get along really well l so I'm not experienced as far as drama. But try what I mentioned. It never hurts to try
abanks2013
by on Oct. 1, 2013 at 9:06 AM
Thank you....I do want to add that me and my ex had no problems until this chick came into the picture it seems like there is some jealousy or something going on.... which in my opinion makes noooo sense
SassyMom25
by on Oct. 1, 2013 at 9:13 AM
Hair will grow back...at least it isn't permanent. Can you talk to your ex about this? How often does he see your daughter? How much time is your daughter spending with his wife? Take it back to mediation and add in decisions you don't want made without you...such as haircuts. Request that the wife not be at drop off or pick up...or left alone with your child.
Tsmommy106
by Member on Oct. 1, 2013 at 10:23 AM
I completely understand your concern. I wouldn't want my child with a crazy lady like that. If your daughter is asking not to go, personally I wouldn't send her. Document everything. If he doesn't have money to take you to court, then just call him when your suppose to leave and tell him she doesn't want to go. I'm guessing his new crazy wife won't mind not having her. As sad as that is, she doesn't want to go & will be much happier with you. Maybe it's not her being jealous of you, maybe it's her being jealous of your daughter. She may get special attention when she's there and it may mess up her little family life with her & her kids. It maybe hard for her to say in front of her dad to say that she doesn't want to go but maybe try to tape her when she's crying & saying she doesn't want to go & the new wife is mean to her. Bring that into mediation if you go again. Or send it to her dad. Hopefully he'll care enough about his daughter to let her stay with you or see her without his mean wife. Good luck!!! I'd definitely kick me ex ass if he cut my sons hair without me knowing, if I had a girl omg I'd be livid. He obviously has no balls when it comes to his new wife.
MeaganMommy
by on Oct. 1, 2013 at 1:21 PM
She is jealous of your daughter. She cut her hair as a sick way to punish you and your child get a lawyer go back to mediation agree on who can make decisions regarding your childs physical appearance and the violence.
abanks2013
by on Oct. 1, 2013 at 5:55 PM

Thanks so much ladies...let me say this I used to be able to talk to my ex about all this but now it's like he is in a cult...he does not look at me when I talk to him he keeps his head down (when she is around this is his behavior) I honestly think he is afraid of her and after what I say sunday I definitely understand why she is cray cray!!

So here is another question how can you be jealous of a child? She has 3 other children with other men. And from what my daughter tells me she doesn't get any special treatment not even birthday presents and for christmas last year she got a blanket and a robe. So I am not sure why she would be jealous of my kid. It makes no sense.

MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on Oct. 1, 2013 at 9:46 PM

I'd talk to your ex about only him having visitations without his girlfriend.

abanks2013
by on Oct. 1, 2013 at 10:00 PM

Quoting MamaBear2cubs:

I'd talk to your ex about only him having visitations without his girlfriend.

That is the next step...but my daughter is supposed to go every other weekend :( 

And unfortunately they are married so I am SOL

tabby21
by Member on Oct. 1, 2013 at 10:08 PM
1 mom liked this

what my mom used to do with me was if my dad drove 45 mins. to come get me and i said i didnt want to go SHE WOULD NOT MAKE ME! so just call him and tell him that she wants to stay home this weekend....im sorry that wicked woman did that to the little girl! if she is threatening you and you do not want to send your child over there i would totally understand and so should he....if she is threatening you what is she saying to your child? thats something i would think about....i wish the best of luck to you lady!

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)