Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How to get your baby to sleep!

Posted by on Oct. 1, 2013 at 4:08 PM
  • 14 Replies
It's amazing how long a baby will sleep in your arms when you have to pee, haven't eaten all day and smell really bad! And I swear he knows when I'm using my phone (on silent) to pass the time.. He stirs everytime I pick it up! Yes, the more miserable the better :) (worth it, of course;)
by on Oct. 1, 2013 at 4:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jezike
by Member on Oct. 1, 2013 at 5:53 PM
1 mom liked this

Haha I love that...cute baby btw!!! 

MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on Oct. 1, 2013 at 9:48 PM

Have you tried swaddling? I used to swear by it when mine was a baby.

felicia0387
by Member on Oct. 1, 2013 at 10:56 PM
1 mom liked this

i know i will be bashed for saying this, but i use the cio method when all else fails. My daughter is 7 months and usually i can lay her in bed and she will fuss for about 30 mins on and off until she drifts off. I used the same method with my son and he learned to self sooth just like i am teaching his sister.

mamaofonegirl
by on Oct. 1, 2013 at 11:01 PM

My LO slept the best in her bouncer or car seat when she wasn't in my arms. Cute post.

Dragon.Momma86
by Member on Oct. 1, 2013 at 11:06 PM
I feel ya
BabyandaBigBoy
by on Oct. 2, 2013 at 1:07 PM
He hasn't succesfully been swaddled since we left the hospital.. absolutely refuses to be confined. We tried blankets and the premade swaddles and it just wasn't happening. Too bad tho, I know it works wonders for some babies!

Quoting MamaBear2cubs:

Have you tried swaddling? I used to swear by it
when mine was a baby.

BabyandaBigBoy
by on Oct. 2, 2013 at 1:09 PM
Mine will sleep anywhere for 30 minutes. He will sleep for 3 hours in my arms, of course :)

Quoting mamaofonegirl:

My LO slept the best in her bouncer or car seat when she wasn't in my arms. Cute post.

MamaPeanut
by Kristy on Oct. 2, 2013 at 1:31 PM
Lol, true.

I baby wore a LOT for both our sanity. :)
AbbeysMom2013
by on Oct. 2, 2013 at 4:56 PM
I swaddle my daughter and rock her to sleep in my arms. There are some days I hold her a lot! But the way I look at it is one day she won't want me to hold her, so I better get my fill now.
BabyandaBigBoy
by on Oct. 2, 2013 at 6:07 PM
We let our first cry a little when we moved him to his room around 9 months but this ones only 3 months so won't be letting him cry :)

Quoting felicia0387:

i know i will be bashed for saying this, but i use the cio method when all else fails. My daughter is 7 months and usually i can lay her in bed and she will fuss for about 30 mins on and off until she drifts off. I used the same method with my son and he learned to self sooth just like i am teaching his sister.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)