Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

MOM OF TWINS THAT CRY CRY CRY CRY

Posted by on Oct. 2, 2013 at 12:20 AM
  • 7 Replies

CAN SOME1 GIVE ME WAYS TO MAKE THE BABIES STOP CRYING

by on Oct. 2, 2013 at 12:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
INIpossibility
by on Oct. 2, 2013 at 9:58 AM

1. Try your best to relax. Fro some reason babies pick up on our frustrations. It's easier to soothe them if you're not stressed. If you need to, ask someone you trust to help you while you step away and compose yourself

2. If you've ruled out hunger and dirty diapers maybe they're hot or cold or maybe they're extra gassy babies. There's a video on babycenter.com that shows different ways of burping a baby. One being holding the baby with her laying on your forearm which helps by slightly compressing the belly and guiding the gas up.

3. If you've checked for anything that could be causing your babies physical discomfort or illness it's ok. They're babies. Crying is what they do. If possible try white noise like the sound of a vacuum cleaner or hair dryer. It's soothes the babies because it's similar to what they heard while in your belly.

I hope this helps...good luck and remember to keep calm

Maggiesmith121
by on Oct. 2, 2013 at 9:59 AM
When my twins were that young, the only way they would stop was when either DH or my brother held them. I think its because they rested them ontheir leg and their legs would shake. Not sure if this helps, but it workedfor my two
MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on Oct. 2, 2013 at 11:27 AM

Oh gosh they are adorable! How old are they? When are they crying? Might be colic?

k9l1c5
by Ruby Member on Oct. 2, 2013 at 11:33 AM

These are some great suggestions!

Quoting INIpossibility:

1. Try your best to relax. Fro some reason babies pick up on our frustrations. It's easier to soothe them if you're not stressed. If you need to, ask someone you trust to help you while you step away and compose yourself

2. If you've ruled out hunger and dirty diapers maybe they're hot or cold or maybe they're extra gassy babies. There's a video on babycenter.com that shows different ways of burping a baby. One being holding the baby with her laying on your forearm which helps by slightly compressing the belly and guiding the gas up.

3. If you've checked for anything that could be causing your babies physical discomfort or illness it's ok. They're babies. Crying is what they do. If possible try white noise like the sound of a vacuum cleaner or hair dryer. It's soothes the babies because it's similar to what they heard while in your belly.

I hope this helps...good luck and remember to keep calm

C.H.E.L.S.E.A
by Silver Member on Oct. 2, 2013 at 11:44 AM
1 mom liked this

Babies cry as their only form of communication at that age. So they could be hungry, cold or hot, tired, gassy, need a diaper change, are overstimulated, want to be held, etc. Even if all their needs are met, babies can still cry, it's just what babies do. If you know all their other needs are met, trying swaddling them, rocking them in your arms, or put them in a baby swing. Good luck, it must be twice as hard with two babies crying!

k9l1c5
by Ruby Member on Oct. 2, 2013 at 11:49 AM
1 mom liked this

Do you happen to babywear?? This could probably really help you out with twins. You will probably only be able to wear one at a time at this age, but it could give you some extra hands for the other one and then switch them out. Babywearing is really calming for babies. For this age a wrap would work well, like a moby wrap. There are tutorials on youtube for how to make your own (which is cheaper) and how to tie them.

uvallekm
by on Oct. 3, 2013 at 10:51 AM

Your babies are absolutely adorable!!! I always wanted a set of twins and was very disappointed that I never got them.... Congratulations. I used to work in a day care center and Inoticed that when I would have to sooth a baby when they were crying was to sing and rock them or walk around with them while i sang mostly when i sang the Old Mc Donald's Farm song. I think they like the different sounds that you make from the animals. I would also make up songs that had their names in it something totally random and it always seemed to help. it would also relax me and keep me from getting so tense because they wouldn't stop crying. Good Luck and enjoy your babies!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)