Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

depressed and overwhelmed

Posted by on Oct. 2, 2013 at 9:53 AM
  • 7 Replies

Hi. This is my first post ever on this site. My 4 year old daughter had her second eye surgery on Monday. She is at home with me this week recovering. This morning i get a call from a collection company for a bill from her first surgery last year. The guy on the phone was such an asshole!!!!! In fact I asked him why he was being so mean, his reply was he was just trying to be "professional". I have been making payments on the balance, it's not like I wasn't trying to pay it. So I put the remaining balance on a credit card that i was trying to pay down. After I hung up with him, I burst into tears. Why don't people have compassion??? Why does it feel like we can naver get ahead? Does anyone else feel like this ever????

by on Oct. 2, 2013 at 9:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Jlu88
by Member on Oct. 2, 2013 at 10:28 AM
1 mom liked this
Sometimes, you'll be okay though. You are trying and that is all that matters. there are times when you run into the rudest customer service people or collection people. Try not to let it get you down
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on Oct. 2, 2013 at 11:16 AM
1 mom liked this

Bill collectors are always rude, As long as you were making payments they shouldn't have been harassing you. Hugs.

amonkeymom
by Silver Member on Oct. 2, 2013 at 2:37 PM
1 mom liked this

Some people/companies care about nothing but getting their money.  I'm sorry he was so rude to you.  (((hug)))

How is your daughter doing?

**Let it all out ANONYMOUSLY!**

k9l1c5
by Ruby Member on Oct. 2, 2013 at 9:00 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm sorry you had to deal with that today :(. Unfortunately bill collectors only care about getting their money and not what the people who owe the bills are going through. I hope your daughter is recovering well!

YoungMomsDeals
by on Oct. 2, 2013 at 9:14 PM
1 mom liked this

I know it's tough, but that guy was probably just doing his job. Hang in there, Momma!

-----------------------
Owner of Young Mom's Deals, Where a Little Goes a Long Way.

I am known as the Coupon Queen amongst my friends and family. Mom to Emma (8/9/10 preemie) and Garrett (9/13/12 exactly on due date!). My husband, Stephen, and I have been married since 7/2/2009. I have one fur-baby, Biscuit, a sheltie born on 8/2/08. I am a graduate of UT Austin from where I hold a Bachelor's degree in History with a minor in English.

mama8910
by on Oct. 2, 2013 at 10:00 PM
1 mom liked this

Thank you everyone for your kind words!!! my day got better after some yoga and grocery shopping. My daughter, Camille, is doing well. She was a preemie and they think that is what  caused her vision problems.  Last year she had to have a full lens replacement because she had a cataract that would have eventually made her blind. This surgery was to remove the scar tissue that she developed. Thank you again to everyone!! I am so glad I stumbled upon this site today! 

k9l1c5
by Ruby Member on Oct. 2, 2013 at 10:34 PM

You're welcome! I'm glad your day got better and I am so glad that you found us too! :)

So hopefully this will be the last eye surgery she needs to have?

Quoting mama8910:

Thank you everyone for your kind words!!! my day got better after some yoga and grocery shopping. My daughter, Camille, is doing well. She was a preemie and they think that is what  caused her vision problems.  Last year she had to have a full lens replacement because she had a cataract that would have eventually made her blind. This surgery was to remove the scar tissue that she developed. Thank you again to everyone!! I am so glad I stumbled upon this site today! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN