Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

What age for jewelry?

Posted by on Oct. 3, 2013 at 9:42 AM
  • 18 Replies

So when my baby was 3 months we got her ear's pierced. We later took them out because she kept pulling on them and i didnt want them infected. She is now 2.5 my question is 1. When should I get them repeirced (like when should she stop pulling and bothering with them) and  2. My mom wants to get her this little hello kitty watch for xmas but I think that she wouldnt wear it and jewelry on a kid might look funny, what age did you let your kid wear watches/other jewelry?

by on Oct. 3, 2013 at 9:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mama2b100808
by Mandy on Oct. 3, 2013 at 9:45 AM

My daughter is 4 years old and she wears a bracelet on her wrist at all times. My daughter doesn't have her ears done because to me that is a 10 year old bday gift. That is what I got when I was 10. :) It will help them now when to turn the earring when it needs it and so on.

Indy3000
by Bronze Member on Oct. 3, 2013 at 9:47 AM

how old was she when she started wearing bracelets? That sounds fun to do it for her 10th since you got it done then ;) I had mine done when i was a baby which is why I thought it would go over well but I guess not

Quoting mama2b100808:

My daughter is 4 years old and she wears a bracelet on her wrist at all times. My daughter doesn't have her ears done because to me that is a 10 year old bday gift. That is what I got when I was 10. :) It will help them now when to turn the earring when it needs it and so on.

yankeefan828
by on Oct. 3, 2013 at 9:48 AM
My advice to everyone that has little girls. Try little hoop earrings my daughter never pulled on them since we changed her studs to hoops. My daughter turned 3 in August and she loves jewelry she's always played with mine. If the watch fits her then you should be fine. But if its too big and would fall of then just wait until it will fit her. If you are interested in toddler jewelry try Oshkosh or Gymboree they have cute things.
mama2b100808
by Mandy on Oct. 3, 2013 at 9:49 AM

hmm the bracelet I think she got it around her 4 birthday because it is one of those bracelet u can engrave on it. And my husband got it for her and engraved important information on it in case she got lost at school or at a store.

Quoting Indy3000:

how old was she when she started wearing bracelets? That sounds fun to do it for her 10th since you got it done then ;) I had mine done when i was a baby which is why I thought it would go over well but I guess not

Quoting mama2b100808:

Indy3000
by Bronze Member on Oct. 3, 2013 at 10:08 AM

That is a great idea!

Quoting mama2b100808:

hmm the bracelet I think she got it around her 4 birthday because it is one of those bracelet u can engrave on it. And my husband got it for her and engraved important information on it in case she got lost at school or at a store.

Quoting Indy3000:

Quoting mama2b100808:

MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on Oct. 3, 2013 at 11:11 AM

I never got my daughter's ears pierced. I figure I will wait until she shows an interest in having them. My daughter is almost 4 and she wear bracelets occasionally.

mama2b100808
by Mandy on Oct. 3, 2013 at 1:31 PM

Thanks. It was a surprise to me too because I didn't know he got it till it came in and I love him so much more for thinking about that. :)

Quoting Indy3000:

That is a great idea!

Quoting mama2b100808:

Quoting Indy3000:

Quoting mama2b100808:

JoanahLee
by Member on Oct. 3, 2013 at 1:34 PM

We let our two year old start wearing solid, one piece jewelry (like plastic bangles, rubber bracelets, necklaces with a large pendent etc...) as soon as she wanted to start wearing them, at almost three shes still not old enough for things with small parts or sharp edges. 

mlg1989
by Bronze Member on Oct. 3, 2013 at 1:35 PM
DS doesnt wear anything. I see no point of letting him wear a watch since he is only 4 and cant tell time yet. He can get his ear pierced if he wants when he is a bit older(like 13)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN