Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Rape opinion

Posted by on Oct. 3, 2013 at 1:40 PM
  • 27 Replies
Hi ladies. To some this is a touchy subject and that's why I wanted to ask what you think since I read a few articles online that completely disgusted me.
People are saying if a woman gets sloppy drunk she is asking to get raped and you can't expect anyone not to take advantage of her, it's her fault. People were blaming victims because of drinking as if that's what happens at a party you get hammered and raped.
It disturbed me. I want to know your opinion. Do you agree with these people?
Or do you feel a rapist is a rapist, if they sexually assault someone whether unconscious or not its still a crime
by on Oct. 3, 2013 at 1:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
EAzizM
by on Oct. 3, 2013 at 1:43 PM
6 moms liked this
The only person at fault for a woman getting raped, is the rapist. Period.
Red_Tempest
by Ginny on Oct. 3, 2013 at 1:51 PM
If it is done against someone's will, it is rape. Period. I was drunk, screamed "NO", but it didn't do any good. Assholes don't care.
FoxTales
by on Oct. 3, 2013 at 1:54 PM

Quoting EAzizM:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mama2b100808
by Mandy on Oct. 3, 2013 at 1:56 PM

It is the rapist fault. It is almost like telling them it is a 8 year olds fault for leading a grow man on. People need to understand that there are sick people out there no matter what the situation is. They need to be more understanding because maybe it wasn't the females fault to get drunk in the first place she could have been drugged. THINK PEOPLE!

sahmommyoftwo
by on Oct. 3, 2013 at 3:23 PM

Um... NO! Under no circumstances does any woman "ask to be raped."

yankeefan828
by on Oct. 3, 2013 at 3:36 PM
I'm glad everyone feels the same way I do and no one is saying that it is a woman's fault.
When it happened to me my therapist told me I asked for it by the way I dressed. I didn't wear anything tight or revealing when it happened but I told her what someone wears is not a factor I was attacked you should be on my side. And she wasn't. When they caught him, his record came up that he raped 2 girls before me a 14 year old and a 15 year old, I was 16. He got out this year
k9l1c5
by Ruby Member on Oct. 3, 2013 at 3:52 PM
Totally agree!

Quoting EAzizM:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
k9l1c5
by Ruby Member on Oct. 3, 2013 at 3:53 PM
Wow, that was out of line for your therapist to tell you that!

Quoting yankeefan828:

I'm glad everyone feels the same way I do and no one is saying that it is a woman's fault.

When it happened to me my therapist told me I asked for it by the way I dressed. I didn't wear anything tight or revealing when it happened but I told her what someone wears is not a factor I was attacked you should be on my side. And she wasn't. When they caught him, his record came up that he raped 2 girls before me a 14 year old and a 15 year old, I was 16. He got out this year
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Maggiesmith121
by on Oct. 3, 2013 at 5:06 PM
If someone doesn't give concent, it's rape.
Vinterland
by Member on Oct. 3, 2013 at 6:36 PM

It is the rapist's fault, there is absolutely NO excuse to sexually assault anyone!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)