Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Are you comfortable with the age you were when you lost your virginity?

Posted by   + Show Post

Rosario Dawson's Confession About Her Virginity Is Actually Totally Inspiring

by Jenny Erikson

Rosario Dawson is jaw-droppingly sexy, and an amazingly talented actress. And she recently admitted to the fact that she was 20 before she did the deed! Ok, I know 20 isn’t that old for a lot of people, but considering the fact that she was 15 when she was cast in the controversial movie Kids, it’s pretty cool.

There’s a cliché about child stars and promiscuity, and there’s a good reason for that. You take that stereotype and layer it on top of what kind of character Dawson played in her breakout part … it’s even more admirable that she waited to cash in her V-card.

Kids was one of those movies that sparked a lot of debate because it was about young teenagers doing drugs and having unprotected sex -- one of them being knowingly HIV-positive and doing it anyway! Dawson played a provocative and promiscuous girl, and she shares a funny anecdote about what her parents were really worried about:

"With all the insanity that my character goes through, the only thing they cared about was not smoking.”

But the coolest thing that she said about the role was that it was the total opposite from her real life, and that she didn’t even lose her virginity until she was 20. What made her hold onto it? Respect for what her mom went through as a teen mom.

"I didn't even have sex until I was 20," Dawson said about the differences between Ruby and herself. "My mom was a teenage mom, I was deathly afraid of being a teenage mom.”

Awww! What a way to recognize and acknowledge the trials that her mom faced as a super young mother. It can’t be easy being a teen mom, and I think this shows that Rosario had a healthy respect for what her mom went through.

Plus it goes to show that you don’t have to have sex at a young age to end up as one of Hollywood’s hottest stars.

Are you comfortable with the age you were when you ... you know?

by on Oct. 4, 2013 at 9:50 AM
Replies (11-20):
C.H.E.L.S.E.A
by Silver Member on Oct. 4, 2013 at 12:57 PM

I waited until I found the right man (my husband). I was 22. I'm very happy and proud of my choice to wait.

PeaceMuch
by Kali on Oct. 4, 2013 at 1:09 PM

Yes I am comfortable with it. I was 19(3 months from turning 20). There were a lot of teen pregnancies in my family and I didn't want to risk it.

MeAndTommyLee
by on Oct. 4, 2013 at 1:18 PM

I was a responsible adult when I lost my virginity.  Furthermore I was comfortable with myself first and then the man in which I had sex with.  No rush, no worries and no peer pressure because I walked to the beat of my own drum ever since I can remember.

erin708
by Silver Member on Oct. 4, 2013 at 1:19 PM
Yes, I was 16 and lost it to my now dh. I was pressured by a boyfriend prior to him and glad I didn't. He's my one and only.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MixtlisMomme
by on Oct. 4, 2013 at 2:07 PM
Def not...wish I would've waited longer..thank goodness I didn't have a child till 10 years later.
laura1986
by on Oct. 4, 2013 at 2:16 PM
I was 17. I don't regret who I gave it to, my hubby, but do wish we had waited a little longer considering we were married less than 2 years later.
ttc_n_2013or14
by Member on Oct. 4, 2013 at 4:01 PM

yea i was 18yrs old 

sahmommyoftwo
by on Oct. 4, 2013 at 5:30 PM

Yes. I was 18, and I'm still with him! We have 2 beautiful kids! (:

leslie1989
by on Oct. 4, 2013 at 5:51 PM
I was 16, and I am ok with it. Because it was with the one I loved.
MissMossyOak90
by on Oct. 4, 2013 at 11:10 PM
Ya 20 wasn't bad I've only been with 2 guys and I'm pretty proud to say that
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)