Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Are you comfortable with the age you were when you lost your virginity?

Posted by   + Show Post

Rosario Dawson's Confession About Her Virginity Is Actually Totally Inspiring

by Jenny Erikson

Rosario Dawson is jaw-droppingly sexy, and an amazingly talented actress. And she recently admitted to the fact that she was 20 before she did the deed! Ok, I know 20 isn’t that old for a lot of people, but considering the fact that she was 15 when she was cast in the controversial movie Kids, it’s pretty cool.

There’s a cliché about child stars and promiscuity, and there’s a good reason for that. You take that stereotype and layer it on top of what kind of character Dawson played in her breakout part … it’s even more admirable that she waited to cash in her V-card.

Kids was one of those movies that sparked a lot of debate because it was about young teenagers doing drugs and having unprotected sex -- one of them being knowingly HIV-positive and doing it anyway! Dawson played a provocative and promiscuous girl, and she shares a funny anecdote about what her parents were really worried about:

"With all the insanity that my character goes through, the only thing they cared about was not smoking.”

But the coolest thing that she said about the role was that it was the total opposite from her real life, and that she didn’t even lose her virginity until she was 20. What made her hold onto it? Respect for what her mom went through as a teen mom.

"I didn't even have sex until I was 20," Dawson said about the differences between Ruby and herself. "My mom was a teenage mom, I was deathly afraid of being a teenage mom.”

Awww! What a way to recognize and acknowledge the trials that her mom faced as a super young mother. It can’t be easy being a teen mom, and I think this shows that Rosario had a healthy respect for what her mom went through.

Plus it goes to show that you don’t have to have sex at a young age to end up as one of Hollywood’s hottest stars.

Are you comfortable with the age you were when you ... you know?

by on Oct. 4, 2013 at 9:50 AM
Replies (31-40):
momtotwo08
by Member on Oct. 6, 2013 at 12:40 AM
1 mom liked this
I was 16. At the time all my friends were doing it so I just wanted to get it over with. We ended up getting married 5 years later so I wouldn't say that I fully regret it but would have waited a little longer. Now that I'm older 16 sounds so young.
coupon_ash_back
by on Oct. 6, 2013 at 2:19 AM
Yes. Very.
Funnybunny02
by Member on Oct. 6, 2013 at 2:51 AM
Yes I was 21.
AiLi
by Member on Oct. 6, 2013 at 8:34 AM
2 moms liked this

I was 11 and I was with a girl. 

While I would never tell anyone they should lose their v-card that early, I don't regret it.  I had really liked the girl I was with and a bit sad at that age already knew about sex and more as I was the product of a teen mom.  I "lost" my non-existent virginity to a guy at the age of 15.  It was the age my mom was when she had me.  I count either or as the first time I lost my virginity but typically reference it as when I was 11 almost 15 years ago.

So I guess I am comfortable with the age when I had "adult" fun. I am not so sentimental as to think "oh I should've waited for my husband".  I don't believe sex is anything more than sex and the same with making love.  I think people over think the feelings involved as does my husband.  Anyone can do things to make it more enjoyable but seriously... it is just a pleasure filled response and anyone can make anyone feel on top of the clouds if they know what on earth they are doing.

la_bella_vita
by Gold Member on Oct. 6, 2013 at 6:32 PM

I was the same way, I didn't want to be a teen mom like my own mom. So yes, I'm comfortable with the age I waited.

fightgirl038
by Member on Oct. 7, 2013 at 10:09 PM

I am. I was 21, so I wasn't much older and have only one partner. haha thats my wonderful DH

Priscilla2o13
by on Oct. 7, 2013 at 11:37 PM
Although I would've waited longer, I am happy that I lost my virginity at 16 to my first love. We were each other's first love. He was also a virgin. He was 15.
We dated for roughly a year before we lost our virginity to e.other & dated for 5 years after. Even though we have been separated for 3 years, we are still in each other's lives & have a mutual love for each other.
coreynlala
by on Oct. 8, 2013 at 7:38 AM

I was 14. I have no regrets on how old and with who, just that the location wasn't all that awesome. Although 14 is very young, we had waited 2 years and saved ourselves for eachother. No regrets. I wouldn't want my daughter to at 14, but for me... I"m good with it :)

DesertSunset
by on Oct. 10, 2013 at 12:03 PM
Me too! We didn't get married for 8.5 years after that but I was in college and wanted to finish my degree first. We have a 3 month old DS and unforetunately we are getting a divorce.

Quoting LizzieAnnesMom:

Yup, i was 18 and it was with my husband (not married at the time)

LizzieAnnesMom
by on Oct. 10, 2013 at 1:19 PM
Im sorr. We married four uears later. We have had three kids. Our middle child passed away as an infant. This year will mark 7 years together ane next march will be 4 years marroed.

Quoting DesertSunset:

Me too! We didn't get married for 8.5 years after that but I was in college and wanted to finish my degree first. We have a 3 month old DS and unforetunately we are getting a divorce.

Quoting LizzieAnnesMom:

Yup, i was 18 and it was with my husband (not married at the time)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)