Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Parents...vent.

Posted by on Oct. 4, 2013 at 5:44 PM
  • 23 Replies
Ok so it's 50 degrees outside and windy. You (the parent) are outside with a coat on and your hood up. Your children (3yrs and 4yrs) are outside with no shoes and only t-shirts on. Common sense, if if your cold and need a jacket your children are probably cold and need one too. I know they're not my children, but just makes me mad. Vent over.

What are somethings you see parents do that make you upset/mad?
by on Oct. 4, 2013 at 5:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mama2b100808
by Mandy on Oct. 5, 2013 at 11:49 AM

I have seen some parents pay more attention to their cellphones more than they care for their children. One mom was picking up her son and while walking across a parking lot she is texting while her son is walking 2 feet behind her and almost got hit by a car. She didn't even look back. ugh

k9l1c5
by Ruby Member on Oct. 13, 2013 at 6:08 PM

Awww, the clothing thing really annoys me too :/.

p3rd_one
by on Oct. 13, 2013 at 7:02 PM

smmfh!! I can't stand parents like that!

Quoting mama2b100808:

I have seen some parents pay more attention to their cellphones more than they care for their children. One mom was picking up her son and while walking across a parking lot she is texting while her son is walking 2 feet behind her and almost got hit by a car. She didn't even look back. ugh

darciegenito
by on Oct. 13, 2013 at 7:36 PM

Some people really need to pay more attention lol.

Retrokitty
by Member on Oct. 13, 2013 at 7:39 PM
Maybe not at 3 or 4, that's a bit young depending on the child, but I believe in natural consequences. If I tell you it's cold but you refuse to wear a jacket the consequence is on you.
I hate parents who have their kids strapped into car seats wrong or who don't have a kid in a booster when they are supposed to.
crazymomma87
by on Oct. 13, 2013 at 8:22 PM
I live on an island in TX (tourist attraction). For whatever reason, there are 3 McDonalds here but no playplace. So about once or twice a month we go to Joe's Crab Shack for dinner because they have a playground. The "floor" of the playground is beach sand. I can not tell you how many parents I have seen get so crazy/angry at their children for getting dirty. It just pisses me off...you sent your child to play and saw the sand and saw the water spout where they are supposed to wash their hands/feet off but obviously is tempting for children to play in the water. I mean some of these parents are like REALLY angry that their kid got some sand on them or got a lil wet...
tikirose91
by on Oct. 13, 2013 at 9:13 PM

I can't stand seeing parents with kids under 10 at the store after midnight or before 6 am in the stores. Having your child on a sleeping schedule is crucial when they start going to school, it pisses me off. Kids in dirty clothes, nasty carriers or just don't look taken care of. Why would oyu leave your child in clothes that were puked on, take extra clothes with you...it's just gross and makes you look like a bad parent! I will see my child as a reflection of me as a parent and it disturbs me how ignorant and irrespinsible alot of parents are!

LnAsMommy
by on Oct. 13, 2013 at 9:16 PM
I hate to see this too! I feel so bad for the kids! My kids always have jackets when it is cooler out. I am one of those moms who probably over dress their kids at times! Lol.
Maryloe
by Member on Oct. 13, 2013 at 11:29 PM
Parents who eat first and then there is no food left for their kids.
Chelsey191
by Bronze Member on Oct. 13, 2013 at 11:34 PM
Don't judge too harsh. It could be me and my ds. I freeze all the time and am always bundled. Ds sweats buckets all the time and despite me bundling him he rips it off cause he is too hot. Right now he is laying in bed with me sleeping. He has taken off his pyjama top. Me, I'm wearing two pyjama tops and warmer pants. He has kicked all the blankets off him and me I'm under layers of blankies trying to warm up. It's just how we are. If he is cold he will tell me.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN