Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

SUPER-FIT Moms: Inspiring? or Infuriating?

Posted by on Oct. 5, 2013 at 5:42 AM
  • 10 Replies

As moms, we always try to look our best when we go out to do non-mom activities. And for some of us, it can be very nerve racking and emotional just to look in the mirror. So when you eventually decide to make healthier choices (eating better, exercise, or both), it is very easy to come across these SUPER-FIT moms (esspecially online). You know...the moms who are obsessed with healthy eating/living and exercise. They always seem to schedule their day around their workout routine. They always talk about their fitness goals, and hardly ever talk about their children.

What do you think? Do these SUPER-FIT moms Insprire you to do better? Or do they Infuriate you pushing you away from fitness altogether?

by on Oct. 5, 2013 at 5:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
elephantsin1
by on Oct. 5, 2013 at 7:11 AM

I am always trying to eat healthy and exercise but I am definitely not a SUPER-FIT mom. If I slip a little, oh well. I do know a mom who is like that though and it is infuriating. Not only does she watch what she eats and how much she exercises but she also keeps tabs on everyone else. Every time I eat something she says "do you know how many calories are in that?". Yeah, definitely a turn off from diet/exercise.

AncyNiya
by on Oct. 5, 2013 at 12:46 PM

I am eating healthy and so much worried about my shape.. have a 9-month-old daughter.. Now, almost back to my shape.. but the tummy looks like I am about 3 months' pregnant. :( . Any advise ???

Jackie_A.M.R
by on Oct. 5, 2013 at 1:06 PM
1 mom liked this

Mobile Photo

My daughter is 8moths I eat as healthy as possible but every one knows its hard lean meat and protein are best so peanut butter is a very good snack . Also us women hold alot of water weight so the best thing is not sit ups because your building the muscle but is under fat so lots of cardio (sweat sweat sweat) body wraps work really good or waistbands I wear them at work under my clothes cause im always moving . Hope it helps im big on fitness :-)
Jackie_A.M.R
by on Oct. 5, 2013 at 1:07 PM
1 mom liked this
My daughter is 8moths I eat as healthy as possible but every one knows its hard lean meat and protein are best so peanut butter is a very good snack . Also us women hold alot of water weight so the best thing is not sit ups because your building the muscle but is under fat so lots of cardio (sweat sweat sweat) body wraps work really good or waistbands I wear them at work under my clothes cause im always moving . Hope it helps im big on fitness :-)

Quoting AncyNiya:

I am eating healthy and so much worried about my shape.. have a 9-month-old daughter.. Now, almost back to my shape.. but the tummy looks like I am about 3 months' pregnant. :( . Any advise ???

AncyNiya
by on Oct. 5, 2013 at 1:22 PM

Wow.. your belly looks cool at the 8th month after delivery... I wonder that the waistband works this much.  But sad is that I am too lazy wearing them :( .  From which month you started to use them?? 

Quoting Jackie_A.M.R:

Quoting AncyNiya:

Jackie_A.M.R
by on Oct. 5, 2013 at 1:39 PM
1 mom liked this
I just started using them a month ago and I wear I couple days a week at work and I lost a lot of that extra water that was kn my stomach and its really easy im lazy too lol thats why I looked something like this there about $10 at Walmart in the weight equipment section but get one and just put it on when you get up or if your going anywhere you can wear it under your clothes as long as your moving it will trap your body heat and make you sweat also if you're into dieting pills oxyeliet pro works very good I used that after my son cause u gained so much weight and it gives you energy too I lost about 20 lbs in 3 weeks it will help a lot it did for me :)

Quoting AncyNiya:

Wow.. your belly looks cool at the 8th month after delivery... I wonder that the waistband works this much.  But sad is that I am too lazy wearing them :( .  From which month you started to use them?? 

Quoting Jackie_A.M.R:

Quoting AncyNiya:

ryphoto226
by Member on Oct. 5, 2013 at 6:11 PM

Wow. Judging what other people eat? That's no good. I know a few moms who have changed their lifestyle and have been very successful with it. I good friend of mine has lost 100 lbs in the past year. She talks about fitness a lot but not to the point of trying to change other people. She has been my inspiration to start some healthier habits.

Quoting elephantsin1:

I am always trying to eat healthy and exercise but I am definitely not a SUPER-FIT mom. If I slip a little, oh well. I do know a mom who is like that though and it is infuriating. Not only does she watch what she eats and how much she exercises but she also keeps tabs on everyone else. Every time I eat something she says "do you know how many calories are in that?". Yeah, definitely a turn off from diet/exercise.

elephantsin1
by on Oct. 5, 2013 at 6:53 PM
Yup. My FIL lost 170 lbs in a year and he never pushes anything off on us either. He is my inspiration to lose weight. I only have 40 lbs to lose and if he can lose 170 lbs then there is no reason I can't lose 40 lbs right?

Quoting ryphoto226:

Wow. Judging what other people eat? That's no good. I know a few moms who have changed their lifestyle and have been very successful with it. I good friend of mine has lost 100 lbs in the past year. She talks about fitness a lot but not to the point of trying to change other people. She has been my inspiration to start some healthier habits.

Quoting elephantsin1:

MamaPeanut
by Kristy on Oct. 5, 2013 at 8:36 PM
Super irritating.

I'd rather spend time with my kids than running 5 miles every day.
ryphoto226
by Member on Oct. 5, 2013 at 9:36 PM

I agree. If a mother's workout routine is truly getting in the way of quality time with her kids, that's when it starts to bother me. 

Quoting MamaPeanut:

Super irritating.

I'd rather spend time with my kids than running 5 miles every day.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)