Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Tidy up before hubby gets home?

Posted by on Oct. 7, 2013 at 6:54 PM
  • 35 Replies
2 moms liked this

I keep the house pretty clean all day but with a toddler and infant it gets kinda messy within a matter of minutes... I tidy up before hubby comes home so it doesn't look messy during dinner time and we can all relax better, do you do the same?

by on Oct. 7, 2013 at 6:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JRLaugh
by on Oct. 7, 2013 at 7:01 PM
Most definitely! I couldn't imagine what he would say if our house looked like a tornado came through it lol we have a 4.5, 2.5 & 15 mth old I find myself cleaning at least 6 times aday maybe more
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PeaceMuch
by Kali on Oct. 7, 2013 at 7:15 PM

No. He gets home at 2:30 most days. I do have the kids pick up before dinner though.

victoria0607
by Member on Oct. 7, 2013 at 7:41 PM
I do the same thing. Dh usually gets home around 430 so i clean up the house about 3.
kayteebug93
by on Oct. 7, 2013 at 7:44 PM
Lol no. But I work full time and he gets home before me. When I was on summer vacation I kept the house clean. Not for him though... for me ;).
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
k9l1c5
by Ruby Member on Oct. 7, 2013 at 7:44 PM

I pick up after her all day long just to pick up, not really for him though.

mrsniebo
by Silver Member on Oct. 7, 2013 at 8:00 PM
I try to pick up throughout the day (mostly for my own sanity,) but DD will often make it impossible to have things looking great for DH's arrival.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
laura1986
by on Oct. 7, 2013 at 9:01 PM
I do my deep cleaning while my daughter is at school and hubby gets home around 3:30 so it's still clean when he comes home. I straighten up right before dinner so that afterwards it's just dishes and wiping down counters. That way after bath time we can have relaxed family time before bed.
fightgirl038
by Member on Oct. 7, 2013 at 9:20 PM

I usually clean throughout the day. Some days the kids are messier than others, while some days they hardly make a mess. So it varies, but I try to pick up some before the DH gets home, so that way it doesnt look to terribly bad but I don't do to much because they usually make a huge mess again after dinner. But at least I attempt to start the clean up on those messy days. But I don't do it for him, I do it because no one else in the house is going to do it but me. haha.

roseblossom90
by Bronze Member on Oct. 7, 2013 at 9:28 PM

I have a baby that is just beginning to crawl and a toddler so, like OP, my house gets messy very quickly. So I usually clean up at least the living room before DH gets home. Then he helps me really clean the whole house on the weekends....

EmilysMom2010
by Bronze Member on Oct. 7, 2013 at 9:30 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes! I get more done in the ten minutes before he gets home than I do all day!
Ok I'm kidding. But there are days when I don't feel I did enough. And start rushing around and make it look A LOT better than it did. Lol
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)