Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Do you have a phone? Could you make it without one?

Posted by on Oct. 8, 2013 at 11:04 AM
  • 20 Replies

I was talking to a friend of mine who has a vacancy at his company and mentioned that I knew someone who was looking. He told me to have her call him and he'd set up an interview, but when I spoke to that other friend later to tell her about the opportunity, she said she couldn't call him because she doesn't have a phone? I thought maybe she meant a house phone and told her to just use her cell - I've seen her with one before - and she said she doesn't have one? How does someone not have a phone AT ALL nowadays? She has internet, a car, other bills - how does she handle it all without a phone?

Do YOU have a phone? Do you have a house phone, a cell, or both? Could you get by without one?

by on Oct. 8, 2013 at 11:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Courtney610
by Courtney on Oct. 8, 2013 at 11:13 AM
1 mom liked this
We ditched our land line years ago, but we have cell phones.

I couldn't survive without my iPhone.
PeaceMuch
by Kali on Oct. 8, 2013 at 11:15 AM
We don't have a landline but have cell phones. That seems odd to not have a phone. I couldn't be without my cell! Lol
yankeefan828
by on Oct. 8, 2013 at 11:20 AM
I have a house phone and a cell. I could not live without it. 2 family members if mine died this year, if I didn't have a phone I would've never been able to say goodbye to my grandfather before he passed away.
Jenniy
by Bronze Member on Oct. 8, 2013 at 11:28 AM
I can give up my land line but all my kids drs has my cell number so I need it.
fightgirl038
by on Oct. 8, 2013 at 11:30 AM

I dont have a landline. We had a landline for a short few months but never really used it and had a lot of problems with it. So we got rid of it because we always use our cell phones. We dont need a landline when we have our cell phones. I have a kid in school and can't live without my phone. If I truly had to then I would but I need one to be in order to keep in contact with the outside world. Haha

CrystalYaris
by on Oct. 8, 2013 at 11:34 AM
1 mom liked this

I had a cell phone, but other bills became priority. My electric bill went from $145 in June to $238 this past month and I have no idea why it jumped like that because we are hardly home and our lifestyle hasn't changed at all as far as consumption of the bill. Unless it was prorated from last year when we had all sorts of medical equipment and people in and out the house 24/7 with my grandma here. Anywho... I've been using my boyfriend's phone for job searches, however, today is the last day for his monthly time (he does the $50/month plan with Verizon prepay). He doesn't get paid until Friday, and his last check vanished in a matter of hours because of bills were are catching up on from when he was out of work for 3 weeks (heart complications).

k9l1c5
by Ruby Member on Oct. 8, 2013 at 11:36 AM

I only have a cell phone, no land line. Don't think I could make it without a phone at all, but maybe she couldn't afford to pay it and it got shut off? Could she use your phone to set up the interview?

MamaPeanut
by Kristy on Oct. 8, 2013 at 11:47 AM
Wow, that's crazy. That seems unsafe to me, especially with kids.

We got rid of our landline because we never used it, but we both have iPhones with unlimited everything.
ColieO
by Silver Member on Oct. 8, 2013 at 11:48 AM
Phone in general? No.

I could live without my smartphone, but it's required for work.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
C.H.E.L.S.E.A
by Silver Member on Oct. 8, 2013 at 12:49 PM

I have one, but could easily go without one. I'm not a phone person at all. I just have one in case work calls and I text a few family members, but that's it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN