Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

PenPal Crazies!!

Posted by on Oct. 8, 2013 at 11:41 AM
  • 9 Replies

i just joined a site called interpals.net and it is so exciting for me so far i want to learn how to speak romanian. do any of you have a penpal? if so what for? if your learning a language which on is it?

hope i get responces lol

by on Oct. 8, 2013 at 11:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
k9l1c5
by Ruby Member on Oct. 8, 2013 at 12:36 PM

I don't have any penpals. I used to in elementary school, there were penpal programs through the school. I have taken french since Middle School though, but not to write to penpals.

kearaloves1
by on Oct. 8, 2013 at 12:51 PM

would you do it now?

Quoting k9l1c5:

I don't have any penpals. I used to in elementary school, there were penpal programs through the school. I have taken french since Middle School though, but not to write to penpals.

k9l1c5
by Ruby Member on Oct. 8, 2013 at 1:55 PM

Honestly probably not because I am so busy and the cost of stamps :/. But I guess it depends. I wouldn't join a site just to find a penpal though. And I am always worried about security and wouldn't want a stranger to have my address.

Quoting kearaloves1:

would you do it now?

Quoting k9l1c5:

Josie_P
by on Oct. 8, 2013 at 2:27 PM
1 mom liked this

Hmm, kinda sorta. I met a mum on here and she and I have become good friends. I live in Russia and she lives in the US. She wants to learn Russian so I've been helping her with that :)

buckeyetravels
by on Oct. 8, 2013 at 2:31 PM

I'm trying to learn Arabic which is my husband's language but it's difficult.  I don't have any penpals but remember having penpals when I was in elementary school for one year (early elementary but don't remember which grade it was).  I wonder if it is still done?

fightgirl038
by Member on Oct. 8, 2013 at 2:31 PM

I guess I have a penpal with a friend. But its mainly over emails and facebook. 

kearaloves1
by on Oct. 8, 2013 at 6:28 PM
Quoting buckeyetravels:

I'm trying to learn Arabic which is my husband's language but it's difficult.  I don't have any penpals but remember having penpals when I was in elementary school for one year (early elementary but don't remember which grade it was).  I wonder if it is still done?

join the site and learn more
k9l1c5
by Ruby Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 10:31 AM

Yeah, this is more of what I would do than the physical writing of letters.

Quoting fightgirl038:

I guess I have a penpal with a friend. But its mainly over emails and facebook. 

MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on Oct. 9, 2013 at 12:09 PM

Sounds fun! I've never had a penpal before.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)