Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

First time mom needs some urgent advice!

Posted by on Oct. 8, 2013 at 12:39 PM
  • 15 Replies

I am currently 12 weeks pregnant. I work in a restaurant as a waitress and I have been currently passing out 1-3 times a day. My doctor issued heart testing done on me, and until the results come in, I am still working. I don't feel safe knowing I cant control when I pass out, and It seems to be more so when I am on my feet. Is it safe to work?

by on Oct. 8, 2013 at 12:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Donna.June
by Bronze Member on Oct. 8, 2013 at 12:40 PM
I would say it isn't safe to work.
bcmommy0829
by Bronze Member on Oct. 8, 2013 at 12:41 PM

no

k9l1c5
by Ruby Member on Oct. 8, 2013 at 2:13 PM

I passed out once when I was 20 weeks pregnant and I was at work when it happened too. I could feel it coming on though. I went to the dr and went through a bunch of testing because I had been eating enough and drinking enough water, so they did want to rule out my heart but it wasn't that. My blood pressure kept bottoming out. The only way I could "control" it was to get a dr's note for mandatory breaks every hour while working, and anytime I felt I was going to pass out I sat down and relaxed until it passed. I didn't pass out anymore than that one time, but felt it coming on multiple times and just by making sure I sat down ASAP when I felt it coming on, I prevented myself from passing out.

k9l1c5
by Ruby Member on Oct. 8, 2013 at 2:15 PM

Oh and I also want to add that I was working at a job where we got NO breaks and I was on my feet for 8 hours per shift, so the mandatory break note helped a lot.

kimkrystine
by on Oct. 8, 2013 at 2:17 PM

you should definitely request some time off until results come back

ashesleigh
by Member on Oct. 8, 2013 at 2:44 PM
1 mom liked this
Talk to your employer about your health and explain your fears. i had an employee that had fainting spells and forced her to take a five to ten min. break every hour. gl
JRSMOM0621
by on Oct. 8, 2013 at 2:51 PM

I passed out quite a bit during my first pregnancy with my son. Doctor orded me on bedrest which really sucked. I would ask your doctor if you should quit.

winkyloafer.
by on Oct. 8, 2013 at 2:54 PM
Let me ask: how do you feel before you faint? What are your eating habits?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
leslie1989
by on Oct. 8, 2013 at 7:17 PM
I would take some time off. And if you can't take more breaks, get a doctors note and they can't tell you no.
MelanieMans
by Member on Oct. 8, 2013 at 7:19 PM
No, its not. You need to take it easy until you discover the problem. Good luck.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)