Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

PIOG So Lost!

Posted by on Oct. 8, 2013 at 7:04 PM
  • 1 Replies

My husband was just offered a job in Montana. We both were born and raised in California. I feel like the Lord wants us to move and Im ok with that. However, I dont know anything about Montana except that I called one place and they have the coolest accents(and i secretly want one).

It is a travelers assigmnment which could turn into a permanent job. So we thought that he could rent a spot to put the RV on. Problem is, most RV parks are closed for the winter. :( We also dont want to have him get a house just yet until we are secure and they are 100% going to keep him. 

I know there are a few mommies from that area on here...so, what can you tell me about Montana and raising a family there? what is the schools like? 

Do you have any advice about living situations until he gets hired permanently? 

Thanks for your time. 

by on Oct. 8, 2013 at 7:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
k9l1c5
by Ruby Member on Oct. 11, 2013 at 10:29 AM

I am not from Montana, here's a bump for those who can answer your questions! Have you looked into any hotels or long term stay types of motels? I know they can get pricey, but may be cheaper than getting into any kind of lease while you are unsure if the position will be permanent or not. Do you have any idea how long the temporary assignement might last before you would know if it is permanent or not?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)