Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hi!!

Posted by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 12:39 AM
  • 7 Replies

Hi Everyone!! 

I am Hannah! I'm 21 and a single mom to a 8th month old! His name is Collin! I joined this site because I am in a mess with my ex! Now we weren't married and Today I got served papers because he is trying to get custody of our son. Now can anyone tell me If I have to worry about this? I am very stressed out! 

by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 12:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Freckles4u
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 12:48 AM
I don't really have an answer. I think him getting custody just depends on your situation at hand. How well you are providing, if your working, if you have a good home environment etc. It is harder for a man to get custody than the woman I think. I would be concerned but not obsessively concerned.
Mommy0120
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 12:52 AM

Well i am currently looking for a job bc I was a stay home mom for awhile. and I also go to school but its online. I have an interview this thursday so hopefully I get it. and with my living status I am currently living with my mom. 

Rotorkitty
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 1:10 AM

I know lots of women who have custody of their children living with their mothers. You just have to be able to show you can provide, your mom will probably have to be ok saying she is more than willing to help you and your son with everything. But don't stress too much and just be the best mom you can be for your little man. Stay positive and just do everything you're asked to do for the court.

luvmybug
by Amanda on Oct. 9, 2013 at 1:25 AM
Hi, and I wouldn't worry. He might get visitation rights, but they normally go with the mother's for custody. Especially if you weren't married.
mama2b100808
by Mandy on Oct. 9, 2013 at 10:18 AM

Welcome to the group. My name is Mandy I am a sahm. I am 28 years old. I have a beautiful daughter named Brianna. She just turned 5 and she is in school. :) I am happily married to her daddy. I have been on cafemom a little over 5 years now. :) I hope you enjoy it. :)

MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on Oct. 9, 2013 at 12:15 PM

Welcome to thr group, sorry to hear about your situation. I have never been through anything like that so I will bump for you. Good luck!

k9l1c5
by on Oct. 11, 2013 at 10:21 AM

Welcome to the group Hannah! I'm Khelsea, 22 years old and a SAHM to my 13 month old little girl. I'm sorry you're having to deal with custody issues, but I'm sure that you don't have anything to worry about :). Most judges will give custody to the mother unless there is evidence that she is an unfit mother.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)