Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Girls who color their hair red.....

Posted by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 8:41 AM
  • 7 Replies
I normally go to my stylist to get my hair colored. Unfortunately, she is out with the flu and I'm in need of a touch up. I use to do my own color but never red. What do y'all use and have recommendations for what to do or not to do?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 8:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
k9l1c5
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 8:58 AM

I have done red before and when I do red it is more this color:

I've always just used whatever box color is on sale, I think they all come out to about the same other than different brands having different shades of color.

TS9509
by Bronze Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:22 AM
What is your natural color if you don't mind me asking?

Quoting k9l1c5:

I have done red before and when I do red it is more this color:

I've always just used whatever box color is on sale, I think they all come out to about the same other than different brands having different shades of color.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MelanieMans
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:26 AM
I just went from red to brown again yesterday. I always just use box color. The vital sasoon reds are really pretty :)
mama2b100808
by Mandy on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:47 AM

I have done red but next time I do it again I will go pro.

Cafe Steph
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 11:54 AM

I color mine to hide the grey but match my natural red as closely as possible. I usually use Perfect 10 in 5R:

But this last time there wasn't any so I got HerbaShine 645:

I'm not sure how the Herbashine will do longterm but the Perfect 10 never faded and looked just as great weeks later as it did when I first did it. The Herbashine also didn't hide my wiry silver white hairs AT ALL, but it did add some oomph to my natural red.

MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on Oct. 9, 2013 at 12:04 PM

I don't go red but bump.

Mommy2OWL
by on Oct. 12, 2013 at 8:42 PM
Please please please go to Sally's and ask for help if you're set on doing this at home. Box color is not a good option, especially when doing a touch up. Your new growth needs a different color than your mid lengths and ends. Also, using a boxed color is more damaging to your hair and it makes it harder for your stylist to work with your color after.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)