Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Very odd...

Posted by on Oct. 10, 2013 at 2:28 AM
  • 11 Replies

Has anyone ever received a check from their health care provider, or that of their child? I just got one today,  and can't figure out why they would have sent it. We have Medicaid, not sure if that has anything to do with it. My daughter hasn't even been to a doctor in at least a few months. I called the main number and someone gave me a number for the billing dept. and it came up as disconnected. I don't want to do anything with this check until we know that it wasn't a mistake. 

by on Oct. 10, 2013 at 2:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
frndlyfn
by Silver Member on Oct. 10, 2013 at 2:59 AM

that is odd indeed.  Did you call the insurance company to find out what was going on? I would think the money goes to them if there was a billing error.

flutterbeckie3
by Bronze Member on Oct. 10, 2013 at 3:31 AM

That's what I was thinking. She never has had any surgeries or treatments that would even be near this much. 

mama2b100808
by Mandy on Oct. 10, 2013 at 7:52 AM

That is really odd. I have never heard of Medicaid sending a check to anyone. Hmm something new maybe

Courtney610
by Courtney on Oct. 10, 2013 at 9:03 AM
I've received a check because I paid the bill, but had already met my deductible.

I would hold onto it until you speak with the billing department. I highly doubt you should be recieving a check from them if you are on Medicaid.
MamaPeanut
by Kristy on Oct. 10, 2013 at 12:54 PM
Yes, because we had over paid on co-pays.
luvmybug
by Amanda on Oct. 10, 2013 at 1:19 PM
Hmmmm... I just had the same problem. Apparently, my bill wasn't even filed to my Medicaid. So, I fixed that. But disconnected? That's weird. I would call your insurance and your medical provider.
JenniferMiller0
by Member on Oct. 10, 2013 at 1:22 PM

That's odd.

flutterbeckie3
by Bronze Member on Oct. 11, 2013 at 1:05 AM

That was the main number for the medical provider's group, that I called. I will try again tomorrow. We aren't going to do anything about it until we talk to someone and figure it out. 

k9l1c5
by Ruby Member on Oct. 11, 2013 at 9:24 AM

I've gotten one before too because I overpaid for something that they covered.

MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on Oct. 11, 2013 at 9:45 AM

That is strange.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN