Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

It's going to be a wet one...

Posted by on Oct. 11, 2013 at 9:03 AM
  • 32 Replies
The weekend. It's been pouring since yesterday, and it's supposed to continue.

Any plans for your weekend?
by on Oct. 11, 2013 at 9:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
k9l1c5
by Ruby Member on Oct. 11, 2013 at 9:21 AM

Ughhh I know! So tired of this rain! Idk about your area, but there are a lot of roads in York already flooding. Starting to remind me of the great flood of 2011 lol.

Today I have to pick up my sister from school (half day) and then we are going homecoming dress shopping and then to walmart for a few things. And then tonight DF and I are supposed to be taking our POS truck to his sister's house where we can park it for him to part it out and cut it up for scrap. It is going to heaven.

As far as the rest of the weekend, just cleaning, laundry and getting my schoolwork done that is due Sunday. Oh and hopefully crafting.

MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on Oct. 11, 2013 at 9:48 AM

No rain here. I wish it would though,might cool things off a bit.

Paigesmommy78
by Bronze Member on Oct. 11, 2013 at 9:49 AM
Same here not really plans got work all weekend
Courtney610
by Courtney on Oct. 11, 2013 at 9:52 AM
My house is on a hill. My backyard currently looks like a swamp, but my area isn't too bad. A bunch of friends in Harrisburg have horribly flooded basements.

We need the rain, but this is crazy!

Quoting k9l1c5:

Ughhh I know! So tired of this rain! Idk about your area, but there are a lot of roads in York already flooding. Starting to remind me of the great flood of 2011 lol.

Today I have to pick up my sister from school (half day) and then we are going homecoming dress shopping and then to walmart for a few things. And then tonight DF and I are supposed to be taking our POS truck to his sister's house where we can park it for him to part it out and cut it up for scrap. It is going to heaven.

As far as the rest of the weekend, just cleaning, laundry and getting my schoolwork done that is due Sunday. Oh and hopefully crafting.

k9l1c5
by Ruby Member on Oct. 11, 2013 at 9:55 AM

That sucks about your backyard, but at least you're on a hill so your basement shouldn't get flooded! I can't believe that the fall weather finally gets here and it rains like this lol. The flooding of the basements really sucks though. Ours doesn't usually, thankfully, but we know lots of peoples' who do with rains like this. I feel so bad for them :/.

Quoting Courtney610:

My house is on a hill. My backyard currently looks like a swamp, but my area isn't too bad. A bunch of friends in Harrisburg have horribly flooded basements.

Quoting k9l1c5:

Courtney610
by Courtney on Oct. 11, 2013 at 9:58 AM
Tonight I'm having a craft night with a few friends. They are going to help work on the boutonnières and center pieces for my vow renewal.

Tomorrow we have baseball and are supposed to go go pumpkin fest, but since both are outdoor activities, I'm thinking they may not happen.

We were going to go hiking on Sunday, but I don't want to go if it will be super muddy and slippery. Hiking up a steep incline when it's wet, with 3 kids may not be a good idea.

Courtney610
by Courtney on Oct. 11, 2013 at 9:59 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm very thankful for my walkout basement.

Quoting k9l1c5:

That sucks about your backyard, but at least you're on a hill so your basement shouldn't get flooded! I can't believe that the fall weather finally gets here and it rains like this lol. The flooding of the basements really sucks though. Ours doesn't usually, thankfully, but we know lots of peoples' who do with rains like this. I feel so bad for them :/.

Quoting Courtney610:

Quoting k9l1c5:

Courtney610
by Courtney on Oct. 11, 2013 at 10:00 AM
We have more than enough. Wish I could share! Where are you located?

Quoting MamaBear2cubs:

Courtney610
by Courtney on Oct. 11, 2013 at 10:00 AM
Sounds relaxing!

Quoting Paigesmommy78:

Same here not really plans got work all weekend
MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on Oct. 11, 2013 at 10:01 AM

Florida.

Quoting Courtney610:

We have more than enough. Wish I could share! Where are you located?

Quoting MamaBear2cubs:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)