Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

am I just been a baby?

Posted by on Oct. 12, 2013 at 6:15 PM
  • 18 Replies
Im 20 and pregnant 21 weeks no one told me how hard been pregnant is or is it just me who thinks its hard I feel fat,ugly and sick just wanna feel like me again I am happy that im having a baby but I have no one to talk to about how I feel or who would get it my husband or some of my friends dont get it think im just over exaggerating so I mostly just cry am I just been a baby about it?
by on Oct. 12, 2013 at 6:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MistyMoo
by Amber on Oct. 12, 2013 at 6:19 PM
1 mom liked this
No. It's hard being pregnant. My sons pregnancy was a breeze, but my daughters pregnancy and this one are harder on me. I just feel this constant pressure in my lower abdomen and it's not fun. I'm uncomfortable pretty much all day and that drains my energy, so I'm aleays tired.. lol.. It's worth it once the baby is here and it sounds like you understand that.
MandaMom23
by Bronze Member on Oct. 12, 2013 at 6:24 PM
1 mom liked this

Hang in there girl, its not easy but you will get through it.

jazzy82093
by on Oct. 12, 2013 at 6:31 PM
Yeah at the end lol but right now it sucks but thanks I dont feel like the only one now :)

Quoting MistyMoo:

No. It's hard being pregnant. My sons pregnancy was a breeze, but my daughters pregnancy and this one are harder on me. I just feel this constant pressure in my lower abdomen and it's not fun. I'm uncomfortable pretty much all day and that drains my energy, so I'm aleays tired.. lol.. It's worth it once the baby is here and it sounds like you understand that.

p3rd_one
by on Oct. 12, 2013 at 6:37 PM
1 mom liked this

I was 20 when I got pregnant with my first son. It is hard, especially because none of your friends really understand what you're going through. Your body is changing a hell of a lot in a very short amount of time, and that really messes with you mentally. Don't feel bad, it's completely normal to feel so yucky!

If you need someone to talk to about it, feel free to PM me anytime :)

k9l1c5
by Ruby Member on Oct. 12, 2013 at 6:44 PM
2 moms liked this

No, pregnancy IS hard! You're growing a human! I bet alot of the moms in the pregnancy group feel the same way :).

Rotorkitty
by Member on Oct. 12, 2013 at 6:55 PM
1 mom liked this

Pregnancy sucked for me all three times. All for different reasons but it just over all sucked. So you are not a cry baby even though stupid pregnancy hormones can make you feel like one, you are perfectly entitled to bitch and moan all you want. That's why our spouses don't carry kids because with a little cold they're dying. Imagine them trying to grow another being in them? Women are tough and strong but growing a baby is very taxing and you should be pampered and fawned over. 

peanuteb
by Bronze Member on Oct. 12, 2013 at 8:14 PM
1 mom liked this

I hated being pregnant.  It seemed like everyone I met loved being pregnant and that made me feel even worse! I was bloated, tired, hungry, moody, weeping, acne faced, and worried.  I love being a mom, my dd is 5 months now, but being pregnant for me really sucked!

luvmybug
by Amanda on Oct. 12, 2013 at 8:17 PM
1 mom liked this
You are right. It is really hard being pregnant. I was 16 when I was pregnant. I had no support from family or friends. And a nonexistent boyfriend. I also had body conscious issues as well as mental disorders. I cried all the time. So no you're not being a baby about it. IMHO.
MamaLioness2012
by Bronze Member on Oct. 12, 2013 at 8:31 PM

No, pregnancy is NOT easy and you're not being a baby. I felt like that too when I was on bedrest the last 3 months of my pregnancy, it was absolutely awful. 2 hours away from home, no friends to come visit me, DH working or sleeping so I was basically alone on the couch watching TV all the time by myself. I also had a 9 pound baby who decided that the place for his head was actually IN a birthing station so I had all 9 pounds laying directly on my dilated cervix so walking was outright painful, pains in my hips and bones, shooting pains in my cervix, contractions almost every day for 3 months (I had dilated to 1 cm at 26 weeks, then 28 weeks I went to a 3 and stayed there till they induced me at 29 weeks due to high blood pressure, but I was having contractions every day...lucky for me they were mild and I didn't even know I was having them until I did the test where you're all hooked up and you push a button when baby moves or whatever...I would watch the ticker tape come out and saw all the contractions I was having but not feeling...freaked me out a bit). I was so emotional it was ridiculous and I always felt bad about it, then I'd feel bad that I felt bad...I cried over rice...RICE! Any other time I'd sigh or swear that we didn't have enough, but no..preggo me has to cry about it and claim that dinner has been ruined and how will I EVER feed a child if I can't even keep rice in the house. I also missed my own baby shower because I wasn't allowed to travel which devestated me (Especially now that DH doesn't want another and I'll never get that chance again), then my sister from across the country came for a visit at Christmas (which was the very first Christmas I didn't go home, another big thing that had me bawling) and I missed it because they were all 2 hours away still...the last time I saw my sister, her daughter was 6 months old...she is now 3 and my nephew is now 6 which just astounds me...the last time I saw him he was calling me Uncle Colleen in a baby voice, now he's in school and talks about Doctor Who(though I do get to see them all in just one short week!!!) But, I digress...pregnancy sucks. I used to come on this site every day when I was on bedrest and would stay on for basically the whole day. I was oh so bored. It does suck but you'll be too busy and tired to remember or care once the baby comes (which I know you probably get sick of hearing, but it's true). Chin up, you're past the half way mark!!

jazzy82093
by on Oct. 12, 2013 at 8:55 PM

yeah i moved and i have no friends and im alone now i have to call and talk to ppl i live in the bed now but u had gone throw way more then me 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)