Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What can/box food do you doctor up?

Posted by on Oct. 15, 2013 at 6:09 PM
  • 8 Replies

I tried to do everything from scratch but when im in a hurry i used can/box food and doctor it up. 

Here are some of mine:

Spaghetti sauce, I add tons of seasonings, and usually chunks of onion/bell pepper.

Boxed brownie mix, I add cocoa powder, and then chocolate chips.

Pancake mix, I add cinnamon.

What are some of yours?

by on Oct. 15, 2013 at 6:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
jl89
by on Oct. 16, 2013 at 6:49 AM
1 mom liked this

I take boxed macaroni (like Velveta...not powder ones), make it, then put it in a pan with brocoli and cooked chicken or ham, sprinkle it with shredded cheese and stick it in the oven. 

k9l1c5
by Platinum Member on Oct. 16, 2013 at 9:23 AM

I normally just make it from scratch. We have been trying not to eat anything from a box anymore.

Cafe Steph
by Head Admin on Oct. 16, 2013 at 10:31 AM

I doctor up pretty much anything that comes from a box or a can. Even if it's just to add a dash of salt, everything seems to need a little something to make it taste better.

Callaly
by Member on Oct. 16, 2013 at 11:08 AM

hamburger helper, I add bell peper, onion, sometimes tomatoes, and cook it out, then put cheese on the top and bake it off, taste yummy!

KD, we love to add hotdogs.

Thats about the only 2 things we eat from a box lol and its rare.

MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on Oct. 16, 2013 at 1:47 PM

I add canned soup to white rice.

Indy3000
by Bronze Member on Oct. 16, 2013 at 3:40 PM

another one is when i do boxed pizza which is often, is i will chop up more onion/peper to add to it and then usually sprinkle a little more cheese, oregano

peanuteb
by Bronze Member on Oct. 16, 2013 at 8:38 PM

frozen pizza, I put italian spices-oregno, garlic and basil, more cheese, sometimes pepper and onions, sometimes pepperoni.  I also doctor spaghetti sauce with spices and make baked ziti

GreenDotsOrange
by Member on Oct. 16, 2013 at 8:42 PM
Pancake mix. I add sprinkles, food coloring, fresh fruit, vanilla and cinnamon. My little guy loves pancakes so I get creative. Beans. I can turn a can of beans into pretty much anything.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)