Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Ideas for my daughters' 7th bday at school!!!! help me please!!!

Posted by on Oct. 16, 2013 at 9:26 AM
  • 8 Replies

So my daughter turmed 7 on Sunday. I asked the teacher if i can do something for her. She said yes and is for tomorrow. I completely forgot about it and I dont know what to do. I was just thinking of bringing cupcakes, but she told me to come in at 10am. I dont kknow if I especified that I was just thinking of bringing cupcakes. Im nervous...i dont know what to do. Im extremely shy....is the teacher expecting me to do to an activity ? IS that why she gave me that time??? I worked for the past four days 8 to 12 hr shift, so everytime i told myslef to email her, i forgot. I feel like a hot mess!!!! What can i do tomorrow? cupcakes? games? if games which game? HELP!!! PLEASE!!

by on Oct. 16, 2013 at 9:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
k9l1c5
by Ruby Member on Oct. 16, 2013 at 10:11 AM

Is there anyway you can call her sometime today to make sure what you are supposed to be doing during the time?

Courtney610
by Courtney on Oct. 16, 2013 at 11:54 AM
I would say just a treat. Double check school rules. Some have rules that treats must be store bought, because they list ingredients.
Mommy4-27-08
by Silver Member on Oct. 16, 2013 at 11:56 AM
We aren't allowed to bring in treats for birthdays at all anymore so I would definitely double check.

Quoting Courtney610:

I would say just a treat. Double check school rules. Some have rules that treats must be store bought, because they list ingredients.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on Oct. 16, 2013 at 1:41 PM

I'd say just bring in some cupcakes or a treat of some kind.

MamaPeanut
by Kristy on Oct. 16, 2013 at 1:54 PM
This.
:)

Quoting Courtney610:

esox
by Bronze Member on Oct. 16, 2013 at 2:01 PM

Just a treat. Maybe 10 o'clock is a period with a little down time before they go to specials or its a larger block of time for centers. Games and such take up way to much time.

As a teacher I typically was annoyed when parents tried to plan a whole birthday party in the classroom. There are probably 20 other kids in the class, not everyone can have a game and treat and the whole shabang. A treat is more than enough. Its really not fair to disrupt the whole day and get the kids all worked up. 

mamashealovekin
by Member on Oct. 16, 2013 at 7:18 PM
I doubt she wanted you to do an activity, prolly just chose that time so it wouldn't interrupt curriculum.
fightgirl038
by on Oct. 16, 2013 at 8:31 PM

I would check the school rules. With my daughter's school we can only bring certain items because of food allergies and we do it towards the end of the day and we just give out a snack, with no activity.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN