Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Halloween tricks

Posted by on Oct. 16, 2013 at 11:19 PM
  • 27 Replies

Do you decorate for halloween? What kinds of decorations do you put out? Do any of you go all out and turn your house into a haunted house?

by on Oct. 16, 2013 at 11:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mlg1989
by Bronze Member on Oct. 17, 2013 at 12:45 AM
1 mom liked this

Mobile Photo

Heres a pic of DS in front of our lil graveyard. We dont have much room to work with.

He is "being a ghost"
k9l1c5
by Platinum Member on Oct. 17, 2013 at 6:59 AM
1 mom liked this
Lol, cute! I love it!

Quoting mlg1989:

Mobile Photo

Heres a pic of DS in front of our lil graveyard. We dont have much room to work with.

He is "being a ghost"
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
k9l1c5
by Platinum Member on Oct. 17, 2013 at 8:52 AM

We normally just carve pumpkins lately. Dd is only 14 months... But I think as she gets older we may get more into decorating :).

jessicalahlah
by Member on Oct. 17, 2013 at 10:30 AM
2 moms liked this

We decorate everything, but don't really have the setup to turn the whole front yard into a haunted house. If we didn't take the kids trick or treating, I would have smoke machines and the whole nine yards. The only thing we have left to do, is carve our pumpkins, they have just been outside for the time being, but we are doing that this evening.

k9l1c5
by Platinum Member on Oct. 17, 2013 at 10:56 AM

I wish I had the time to do more decorating for it! Halloween has always been one of my favorite holidays. There are some awesome looking houses in my neighborhood and a couple of them do the smoke machines and everything outside. It looks so cool! We haven't done our pumpkins yet either, will probably be the weekend after this one that we do.

Quoting jessicalahlah:

We decorate everything, but don't really have the setup to turn the whole front yard into a haunted house. If we didn't take the kids trick or treating, I would have smoke machines and the whole nine yards. The only thing we have left to do, is carve our pumpkins, they have just been outside for the time being, but we are doing that this evening.

jessicalahlah
by Member on Oct. 17, 2013 at 11:04 AM

We are one of the better decorated homes in our town, but I would spend THOUSANDS on Halloween, I love it. We were going to wait for our pumpkins too, but it has been so chilly even during the day, I think they will be alright. Plus, I found this thing on Pinterest I am going to try thaqt is supposed to preserve them where you dunk them in bleach water real quick.

Quoting k9l1c5:

I wish I had the time to do more decorating for it! Halloween has always been one of my favorite holidays. There are some awesome looking houses in my neighborhood and a couple of them do the smoke machines and everything outside. It looks so cool! We haven't done our pumpkins yet either, will probably be the weekend after this one that we do.

Quoting jessicalahlah:

k9l1c5
by Platinum Member on Oct. 17, 2013 at 11:07 AM

Gotta love pinterest! I haven't been on there in awhile because I tend to get stuck there for hours pinning lol. I have heard that as long as pumpkins aren't carved into then they keep for a pretty long time, so I'm sure yours will be fine :). How do you decorate your pumpkins? We print out free patterns online and carve those out into them.

Quoting jessicalahlah:

We are one of the better decorated homes in our town, but I would spend THOUSANDS on Halloween, I love it. We were going to wait for our pumpkins too, but it has been so chilly even during the day, I think they will be alright. Plus, I found this thing on Pinterest I am going to try thaqt is supposed to preserve them where you dunk them in bleach water real quick.

Quoting k9l1c5:

Quoting jessicalahlah:

jessicalahlah
by Member on Oct. 17, 2013 at 11:12 AM
1 mom liked this

My 13 year old SS uses the prints as well. Last year, I ws pregnant with DS so I carved a pregnant belly with a baby inside. This year, I traced DS hands to use as the eyes and will just put a nose and mouth that looks good, lol. I pin at night when I am spending hours trying to get DS to sleep in his crib in his room, so I have some spare time then haha.

Quoting k9l1c5:

Gotta love pinterest! I haven't been on there in awhile because I tend to get stuck there for hours pinning lol. I have heard that as long as pumpkins aren't carved into then they keep for a pretty long time, so I'm sure yours will be fine :). How do you decorate your pumpkins? We print out free patterns online and carve those out into them.

Quoting jessicalahlah:

Quoting k9l1c5:

Quoting jessicalahlah:

MamaPeanut
by Kristy on Oct. 17, 2013 at 11:19 AM
Neat!!

He is a cutie!!

Quoting mlg1989:

Mobile Photo

He is "being a ghost"
MamaPeanut
by Kristy on Oct. 17, 2013 at 11:20 AM
1 mom liked this
Um, we are Halloween nuts! Although it is far
More tones down than last year, because last year we had a huge Halloween party/2nd birthday party for our son (family friendly).
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)