Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Do you seek out friends that are like you?

Posted by on Oct. 19, 2013 at 5:31 PM
  • 17 Replies
1 mom liked this
same social status? same relationship status? same ethnicity etc? or does it just happen that way? for me none of my friends are the same as me. I think I enjoy having a mixture of friends.
by on Oct. 19, 2013 at 5:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Fazed
by on Oct. 19, 2013 at 5:34 PM

Well, when I had my friend around me, we were all different. I liked it that way. Though we got alonge very well.

Now my friends moved away, and I'm all alone. Boo hoo

MMerrill
by Melissa on Oct. 19, 2013 at 6:12 PM
1 mom liked this

I just like friends with the same morals and values, I don't mind if they don't have the same personality type or relationship status as myself :)

CrossStitchMum
by on Oct. 19, 2013 at 6:14 PM
I have 1 friend that is and 1 that isn't :)
moosesmom
by Silver Member on Oct. 19, 2013 at 6:31 PM
I don't necessarily seek out anyone. To be honest the only close FRIENDS I have are girls I grew up with. That's only three people. But on that rare occasion I meet someone that I do vibe with, the relationship just happens..and it doesn't matter who they are or what background they come from. I will literally talk to everyone. Lol. I love meeting new people and if I like you, then I go with it.
ilovecandy
by Ruby Member on Oct. 19, 2013 at 6:33 PM
1 mom liked this

no. i find a personality type though. not on purpose, just happens that way. but i have friends of all sizes and race and religious backgrounds. its the personality i go for, not what your physical apperance is

Courtney610
by Courtney on Oct. 19, 2013 at 8:07 PM
Same here.

Quoting ilovecandy:

no. i find a personality type though. not on purpose, just happens that way. but i have friends of all sizes and race and religious backgrounds. its the personality i go for, not what your physical apperance is

MamaPeanut
by Kristy on Oct. 20, 2013 at 6:12 PM
Only in personality.

I don't care about the other things, but it's nice to have friends who have common interests, and life philosophies.
JennaPBug
by Member on Oct. 20, 2013 at 6:16 PM

yes, now its just easier to make friends with other moms. I don't care if they're rich or poor though

Fordprefect
by Member on Oct. 20, 2013 at 7:50 PM

For a long time most of my friends were other army wives, but that was more convenience than intentional. My best friend is not the same race and lives a very different life than I do, but I think she's the friend that's the most like me.

luvmybug
by Amanda on Oct. 20, 2013 at 7:53 PM
I hang out with successful couples. I say hang with the people you want to be. I am already engaged, but I do have single friends, too. I just prefer to hang out with people who are already established in the world and have something to give back, you know?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)