Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Any Lehigh Valley County Mothers?

Posted by on Oct. 20, 2013 at 10:30 PM
  • 15 Replies

Hello all, my name is Theresa (Terrie). I have a 2 year old son named Gabriel. I want to become more activate with the community as well as do more activties with my son. Any Ideas?  I am from New Jersey and have been here for almost 3 years and have yet to actually explore the area. 

by on Oct. 20, 2013 at 10:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
frndlyfn
by Silver Member on Oct. 20, 2013 at 10:38 PM

Which state are you in now? You can look online for "family events in ** your town/city** 

BitterSweet89
by New Member on Oct. 20, 2013 at 10:49 PM
I am in PA.
frndlyfn
by Silver Member on Oct. 20, 2013 at 10:57 PM

OK then.  First it is Lehigh County for the county name and then if you live in the 'valley" it is Lehigh Valley LOL.   I lived there for alot of my life and still have family there.  There are tons of things in many of the towns. A cousin lives in Bethlehem (sp) and she just took her daughter to a pumpkin patch quite a few times.  I am surprised you havent at least explored libraries and local parks around your area.

XoXo.Nikki.XoXo
by Ruby Member on Oct. 20, 2013 at 11:47 PM
Where in PA? You said lehigh valley. I'm in Allentown. There is plenty to do, it's just a matter of what you like to do.

Quoting BitterSweet89:

I am in PA.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
k9l1c5
by Platinum Member on Oct. 21, 2013 at 12:00 PM

Welcome Theresa! I'm Khelsea and I am a SAHM with a 14 month old daughter. I think I may be not far from Lehigh Valley, but I'm not sure. Maybe under an hour. Are there any pumpkin patches near you? We just went to a couple this weekend but not in that area. Maybe you could google for some in your area?

Join us in the Pennsylvania Moms group.

Courtney610
by Courtney on Oct. 21, 2013 at 12:07 PM
Welcome to the group!

I live about 2 hours away from the Lehigh area.
pinklovesnore
by Member on Oct. 21, 2013 at 2:21 PM

Welcome to pa!!! I'm neighboring Lehigh valley ( pocono ) I used to live closer to your area than I do now, but there's a lot your able to get involved in, in your area. I'm closer to Wilkes Barre/Scranton and planning on moving their shortly for work and the closeness of activities available in that area. If you ever feel like chatting or are looking for family friendly places to take your children don't hesitate. There's tons in the area, and plenty of adult activities as well. 

BitterSweet89
by New Member on Oct. 22, 2013 at 11:36 PM
Regardless of what may be called, of the county I have not heard of such so thanks for the information, I guess. I have taken my son to numerous farms for apple picking and pumpkin picking. Also, just to go to farms with animal friendly/ petting zoos. My fiancé has lived here for seven years and says there isn't much to do. I bring him to the park, but that boring after a while. I live on Southside of Allentown. Just starting up conversation and getting some suggestions. That is all. :)

Quoting frndlyfn:

OK then.  First it is Lehigh County for the county name and then if you live in the 'valley" it is Lehigh Valley LOL.   I lived there for alot of my life and still have family there.  There are tons of things in many of the towns. A cousin lives in Bethlehem (sp) and she just took her daughter to a pumpkin patch quite a few times.  I am surprised you havent at least explored libraries and local parks around your area.

BitterSweet89
by New Member on Oct. 22, 2013 at 11:38 PM
Thank you! I eventually want to move from here. Crime is major in center city and as my son gets older I don't want him to even be near something that is a few minutes away by car. I live in a very nice area, thank god. I just want more for my family and I. What county do you live in?

Quoting Courtney610:

Welcome to the group!

I live about 2 hours away from the Lehigh area.

BitterSweet89
by New Member on Oct. 22, 2013 at 11:39 PM
Btw, totally different then just hopping on the train to go to NY. -__-

Quoting BitterSweet89:

Regardless of what may be called, of the county I have not heard of such so thanks for the information, I guess. I have taken my son to numerous farms for apple picking and pumpkin picking. Also, just to go to farms with animal friendly/ petting zoos. My fiancé has lived here for seven years and says there isn't much to do. I bring him to the park, but that boring after a while. I live on Southside of Allentown. Just starting up conversation and getting some suggestions. That is all. :)

Quoting frndlyfn:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)