Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Help me understand.... ETA

Posted by on Oct. 22, 2013 at 11:23 AM
  • 34 Replies

Poll

Question: Would you feel comfortable having your family see the child before you?

Options:

Yes

No

Not Sure

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 20

View Results

I just am trying to understand this. My SIL has 3 children all done via C-section. No one is allowed to see the child until she sees them... now I know this is her choice but I just dont get it. My niece and nephew were both placed in the NICU after being born for a brief time since they were so early (due to children being born right after eachother by c sections). I just dont get this...someone help

Added Info:

Wow a whole lot of nos But hey at least I am getting others views.

Now another question, would you send out a picture of your childs feet just to say that you sent them a picture when your family KNOWS that they cant see the kid yet? So in other words would you send out a teaser pic??

ETA:

Thank you everyone for helping me understand!! I can see why my SIL wants to be the first one to see her kids.

by on Oct. 22, 2013 at 11:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
k9l1c5
by Platinum Member on Oct. 22, 2013 at 11:41 AM
3 moms liked this

No matter which way I gave birth, I would want to be the first one to see my baby. I am the one who carried them for 9 months and went through all the torture, I feel I deserve to be the first one to see and hold them.

JRSMOM0621
by Silver Member on Oct. 22, 2013 at 11:45 AM

I can see that but if you are sleeping due to the medication of a C section would you still feel this way? (I'm just asking to see other peoples views)

Quoting k9l1c5:

No matter which way I gave birth, I would want to be the first one to see my baby. I am the one who carried them for 9 months and went through all the torture, I feel I deserve to be the first one to see and hold them.

k9l1c5
by Platinum Member on Oct. 22, 2013 at 11:47 AM

If I am sleeping because of a C-section, I would only want daddy to see or hold them until I was able to. How long does it take to wake up from one?

Quoting JRSMOM0621:

I can see that but if you are sleeping due to the medication of a C section would you still feel this way? (I'm just asking to see other peoples views)

Quoting k9l1c5:

MrS.GiFFord
by Silver Member on Oct. 22, 2013 at 11:47 AM

It wouldn't bother me.

JRSMOM0621
by Silver Member on Oct. 22, 2013 at 11:48 AM

Damn if I know lol My SIL took a little bit with the second baby. My niece and new nephew were born at 7 something am and we dont get any pictures or see him until almost 10:30 or 11am when she has woke up and see the baby.

Quoting k9l1c5:

If I am sleeping because of a C-section, I would only want daddy to see or hold them until I was able to. How long does it take to wake up from one?

Quoting JRSMOM0621:

Quoting k9l1c5:

k9l1c5
by Platinum Member on Oct. 22, 2013 at 11:50 AM

Wow, that's awhile. I hope I never need one. But in that case if I was having a c-sec and it was planned and didn't want others to see baby until after me... I would wait to tell them that I was even at the hospital until I woke up from it.

Quoting JRSMOM0621:

Damn if I know lol My SIL took a little bit with the second baby. My niece and new nephew were born at 7 something am and we dont get any pictures or see him until almost 10:30 or 11am when she has woke up and see the baby.

Quoting k9l1c5:

Quoting JRSMOM0621:

Quoting k9l1c5:

Josie_P
by on Oct. 22, 2013 at 11:52 AM
2 moms liked this
No one gets to see my baby until DH and I do. If it takes 3 days, oh well.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JRSMOM0621
by Silver Member on Oct. 22, 2013 at 11:55 AM

I really hope I dont need one either but I think it is all based on how your body reacts to the meds and stuff. They told everyone and just sends out a foot picture with a caption "heres insert name" which to me is kinda annoying. I would rather not see a picture if they are just going to do that. :/

Quoting k9l1c5:

Wow, that's awhile. I hope I never need one. But in that case if I was having a c-sec and it was planned and didn't want others to see baby until after me... I would wait to tell them that I was even at the hospital until I woke up from it.

Quoting JRSMOM0621:

Quoting k9l1c5:

Quoting JRSMOM0621:

Quoting k9l1c5:

esox
by Bronze Member on Oct. 22, 2013 at 11:56 AM
2 moms liked this
I agree, I've carried the baby for 9 months. She was inside me, kicking my guts, making me pee my pants and vomit all the time. I prepared everything for her to come into this world. I want to be the first to see and hold her. Of course with a c-section I know daddy will be the first to hold her. But then its my turn. I've waited this long, the people that have not felt her from the inside can wait a little while longer. I don't see what the big deal is for everyone else to wait a couple extra hours while giving the new parents time to bond.
I know if I were to let some of my family see my baby before me while I am waking up from the meds they would be posting pictures all over the internet. Its not your baby, its not your place to introduce her to the world.
aidyns_mommy
by Morgan on Oct. 22, 2013 at 11:57 AM

Quoting Josie_P:

No one gets to see my baby until DH and I do. If it takes 3 days, oh well.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)