Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Punctuation help please!

Posted by on Oct. 23, 2013 at 11:11 PM
  • 6 Replies

Im writing a paper and need help with punctuation (been forever since i've been in school). Where would the comma's go?

Amsterdam for example is the capital of the Netherlands a small city making it easy to explore in a little aount of time.

by on Oct. 23, 2013 at 11:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
mrsspurlockk
by on Oct. 23, 2013 at 11:15 PM

Amsterdam, for example, is the capitol of the Netherlands. Amsterdam is a small city, making it easy to explore in a short amount of time.

Capitol* and time can't be little, but it can be short.

You have to break these into two statements because the way it reads now leads the reader to believe that the Netherlands is a small city.

Indy3000
by Bronze Member on Oct. 23, 2013 at 11:18 PM

Thanks, I knew that didn't sound right. I had the commas in the right place when I was writing the paper just didn't include them in here because I didn't know if they were correct.

Quoting mrsspurlockk:

Amsterdam, for example, is the capitol of the Netherlands. Amsterdam is a small city, making it easy to explore in a short amount of time.

You have to break these into two statements because the way it reads now leads the reader to believe that the Netherlands is a small city.

k9l1c5
by Ruby Member on Oct. 23, 2013 at 11:55 PM
Yep, all of this is exactly on point. Good luck with your paper, OP!

Quoting mrsspurlockk:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MeeshMom
by Silver Member on Oct. 24, 2013 at 12:11 AM
I think you should change it to this. I do a lot of college writing. My professors are picky with word usage.

Amsterdam, for example, is the capitol of the Netherlands. Amsterdam is a small city that is easy to explore in a short amount of time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
moosesmom
by Silver Member on Oct. 24, 2013 at 10:05 AM
This is better.

Quoting MeeshMom:

I think you should change it to this. I do a lot of college writing. My professors are picky with word usage.

Amsterdam, for example, is the capitol of the Netherlands. Amsterdam is a small city that is easy to explore in a short amount of time.

MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on Oct. 24, 2013 at 11:58 AM

What she said lol

Quoting mrsspurlockk:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)