Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Is this ok in your relationship?

Posted by   + Show Post

Making comments about someone elses looks? Like for instance if you see a hot guy/girl on tv would your s/o be mad if you said "their hot" or possibly drooling at the tv screen because Chaning Tatum (dont know if i spelled his name right) has his shirt off lol? Some think it's disrespectful, some dont. What is your opinion?

by on Oct. 25, 2013 at 5:56 PM
Replies (31-39):
puka2025
by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 4:15 PM

I'm not going to lie yes but then i feel horrible about it.

Quoting Indy3000:

Even though I don't see it the same way as you I can see where your coming from but out of curiousity do you check other people out besides your s/o? (and i dont mean intentionally but just notice that someone is good looking)

Quoting puka2025:

its highly annoying and disrespectful

Bertha21
by Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 5:02 PM
We've been together almost six years. Our jealousy hasn't changed, it's just our nature. If someone even checks me out, he will get annoyed. It's ok though, we work for each other.

Quoting Indy3000:

How long have you been together? We were both like that in the begining but not now (8 years). If it was someone we knew in real life like making a comment about a hot coworker or something im sure either of us would be upset about it but not someone on tv or like making a comment about a random stranger walking down the street

Quoting Bertha21:

No, it's not for us. We are both very jealous people.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
roseblossom90
by Bronze Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 7:15 PM

Lol....Apparently my husband doesn't think there is anything wrong with it. He will see a guy on tv and ask me if I think he is hot. If not that guy then another guy. If I don't think the guy is hot, he will ask me why not. He will tell me if he thinks a celebrity is hot or not but never a girl we see on the street or anything. As long as it is a celebrity and not somebody that we ever have a chance of meeting or could be perceived as a potential threat, then there is no problem admitting our attraction to a person.

MMerrill
by Melissa on Oct. 26, 2013 at 10:45 PM

We do it sometimes, not often because if it was all the time I'd be like "uuh ok, I get the point" but I know my husband is crazy about Miranda Lambert and I'm in love with Tim McGraw, we joke about it all the time!  :)

funmommy123
by Bronze Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 10:47 PM
It's just tv lol, so no big deal.
MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on Oct. 26, 2013 at 10:48 PM

We both do it.

amberlavine
by Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 10:52 PM

I really believe if you're secure and confident in your relationship or marriage you wouldn't be bothered by something like that. 

Indy3000
by Bronze Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 9:50 AM
1 mom liked this

I for the most part agree, but every relationship is different and some think it is VERY disrespectful. I am ok if it's tv or a stranger or something along those lines but if it was a coworker he made that comment about I would probably flip my top 

Quoting amberlavine:

I really believe if you're secure and confident in your relationship or marriage you wouldn't be bothered by something like that. 

amberlavine
by Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 12:22 PM

True, I guess I didn't think about it like that lol.

Quoting Indy3000:

I for the most part agree, but every relationship is different and some think it is VERY disrespectful. I am ok if it's tv or a stranger or something along those lines but if it was a coworker he made that comment about I would probably flip my top 

Quoting amberlavine:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)