Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Scared for my surgery

Posted by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 3:54 AM
  • 17 Replies
Ok. I just went to the doc because I've have had sinus and fluid build-up issues all my life. He told me I have a deviated septum and need surgery. I have never gone under. I'm terrified! Help. Someone ease my mind!
by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 3:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SheciaBaby
by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 4:06 AM
Its the best sleep u will ever have !! You'll be fine :)
I've been under about 6 times .... Best sleep ever.
sumannie
by Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 10:11 AM

I have never been under before so I don't know what it is like. I would be nervous like you are. Do you think that something will happen to you when you are under?

luvmybug
by Amanda on Oct. 26, 2013 at 10:35 AM
I just guess I don't know what to expect.

Quoting sumannie:

I have never been under before so I don't know what it is like. I would be nervous like you are. Do you think that something will happen to you when you are under?

sumannie
by Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 10:41 AM

Oh that makes sense. Well here is bump! I hope you find some answers soon!!

Quoting luvmybug:

Quoting sumannie:

luvmybug
by Amanda on Oct. 26, 2013 at 10:53 AM
TY :)

Quoting sumannie:

Quoting luvmybug:

Quoting sumannie:

sumannie
by Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 10:54 AM

You're welcome!! Good luck!

Quoting luvmybug:

TY :)

Quoting sumannie:

Quoting luvmybug:

Quoting sumannie:

PeaceMuch
by Kali on Oct. 26, 2013 at 11:43 AM
It's really not that bad. I've been under twice.
Vinterland
by Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 8:38 PM

You'll be fine :) I've had surgeries before as well. You'll be asleep while it's happening so you won't feel it and it goes by very quickly. 

jackiebearden
by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 8:42 PM
1 mom liked this

I have had 3 nasal surgeries deviated septum included! You will rest and I had very little pain! Just a little uncomfortable cause your nose will be packed for 3 or so days! Well worth it tho!!! I would do it a 4th time!

Allebas
by Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 10:36 PM
1 mom liked this

They should give you a muscle relaxant that just helps you to relax. You won't remember much after that point. You will wake up and be in the recovery room. Its not bad at all. Just make sure not to eat or drink anything after usually its midnight the night before the surgery. They want you to have an empty stomach before surgery. After you wake up, they will probably bring you crackers and juice or crackers and soda pop. You will probably feel a bit groggy from the anesthesia. Its really not that bad. The not knowing is totally understandable. You'll do just fine! Hugs!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN