Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

department of health second notice

Posted by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 1:29 PM
  • 6 Replies
my son is two months old and has yet to pass his hearing test in his left ear. hes been to the specalist twice and we have an appointment for arkansas childrens hospital at the end of november. the second notice states we must take action or the state will get involved. obviously they have not done their homework since hes already had six appointments over his ear and the one at childrens hospital makes 7. can the state really threaten me like this since they dont have all of the facts?
by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 1:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
ramita
by Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 1:32 PM
Unfortunately, yes they can threaten over it, but if they do get involved all you have to do is send them to the drs you have visited. If they do get involved it won't take much to get them uninvolved.
k9l1c5
by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 1:48 PM

I never even knew they COULD get involved over something like this? Especially since you have obviously been taking him to be seen about it. Doesn't sound like they have much of a case anyway.

frndlyfn
by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 2:28 PM

Yeah you need to send them the doctors notes about the health issues.  Why are they threatening over something that is not fatal ( i am presuming hearing loss is not fatal) ?

ashesleigh
by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 3:13 PM
after thinking about it there was a case opened against my five year olds dad when we were together. i left him he was returned to me. i now understand what the attorney meant by come to her if im getting harrassed by dhs. the way the dr explained it to me is that if they do have hearing issues it can cause learning and developmental delays so they want to be proactive about babies hearing. my mom said to keep the records of his visits and request copies of the findings. i called the number on the letter and left a message. monday it seems ill have to call and request his records. i understand that hearing loss is a big deal. thats why we have kept and continued his appointments.
ashesleigh
by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 3:14 PM
before you misunderstand i left the father and my son was returned.
MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on Oct. 26, 2013 at 10:56 PM

I'd get copies of all the appointments you've had and will have in the future. They can threaten but since you know they might do it.... You can get all your ducks in a row now.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)