Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What do housecleaning ladies do?

Posted by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 3:24 PM
  • 5 Replies

So for right before Thanksgiving I want to hire a housecleaner for a day because we have a ton of people coming over and i want my house to sparkle :). My question is, what does housecleaners typically do? Should i tell her what I want done or does she tell me what they work on? What is a good pay housecleaners (like what price should i look for ) and do i tip?

by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 3:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
lilmama8408
by Gold Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 3:32 PM
Price will vary on where you lice what is expected ect.

My cousin charges per sq foot of the house for basic cleaning. Then deep cleaning laundry is more. She also sets a time limit and has that is more.

Id suggest calling around asap and they are usually fairly booked around holisaya
pumpkin1423
by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 7:26 PM

Housekeeping services are set between the owners and the housekeeping company. My mom had one when I was a kid that also did our laundry in addition to the floors, dusting, counters, and bathrooms. Prices will vary. Decide what you want done and call around for estimates. Also, check Angieslist.com for reviews.

peanuteb
by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 9:22 PM

my grandma has a cleaning lady-she gets 13.00 an hour and does whatever we want done.  For her, we have her do laundry, change sheets, clean the bathroom, clean the kitchen(stove and fridge included) dust, vacuum, and take out the garbage.  I dont know what area you live in, but in the nyc area this is a pretty typical rate.  If you are only doing it one time, she may charge you by the job instead of by the hour.

JG86
by Gold Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 9:57 PM
I would call around and ask different companies. I'm trying to hire someone to come to my house once a week to clean (because I'm too busy), and I've been quoted anywhere from $100-$275 for a 2,300 sf house. It really varies.

And as far as what you expect them to do, most have a standard list of things that they do, but they'll do additional jobs if you work it out with them.
MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on Oct. 26, 2013 at 10:43 PM

I'm no help but bump.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)