Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do we look alike? Pic inside!

Posted by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 10:20 PM
  • 15 Replies

Last weekend we had a party for my grandparents' 60th wedding anniversary and they had their wedding album out. Now, I've seen pictures of my great grandmother before but I've never REALLY looked at them and I discovered about 4 days after the party that my facial features are almost a dead ringer for her! I find this odd because she is my great grandmother on my mom's side and I've always been told I look like my dad. So I'll let you chime in! Below is a comparison picture of my great grandmother and I and below that is a picture of my dad and my son (which I've also been told looks a lot like me). Please excuse how awful I look in this picture, it was the only one I had handy that was from a similar angle and the picture was taken just to show off my hair color (first time I ever dyed it, I was nervous about it). The really terrible thing is before I came to the conclussion I look like her, I had been thinking in my head "She was not a handsome woman, was she?" What on earth does that say about me? lol.

CafeMom Tickers
by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 10:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jewl-e
by Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 10:30 PM

You do look like your GGM, I think you got your dads nose. Its crazy how genetics work and skip huh lol

OBImomma
by Ruby Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 10:32 PM
I think you look a whole lot alike!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on Oct. 26, 2013 at 10:34 PM

Maybe a little bit, I do see more of your dad though.

momma2b2008
by Silver Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 10:35 PM
I think you look like her also.
MamaLioness2012
by Bronze Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 10:35 PM

Genetics are funny like that. I think some people are just chameleons too...especially kids. Some days my son looks like the spitting image of me, some days he looks like DH. I seem to be the only one decended from her that took her likeness though because everyone else in the family got my grandma's looks, or great grnadfather, or even as far back as my great grandmother's parents. I don't blend in with that side of the family well, but I look like I belong on my dad's side...see, chameleon effect. Weird stuff those genes...

Quoting Jewl-e:

You do look like your GGM, I think you got your dads nose. Its crazy how genetics work and skip huh lol

CafeMom Tickers
ramita
by Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 10:37 PM
I can see similarities between you and you ggm and you and your dad. I don't think she wasn't a handsome woman, I just think the style of the time didn't do her justice.
MMerrill
by Melissa on Oct. 26, 2013 at 10:39 PM

You have some of her features, but I don't think you look completely like her.

MamaLioness2012
by Bronze Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 10:43 PM

See, I love the style, but she was a german farmgirl, very gruff existance. My grandmother isn't terribly handsome either but she didn't get the cute button nose, she got the hawk beak! I'm not saying it's necessarilly a bad thing. I've come to terms with the fact that I'm not a 10...I think a 6 would be generous on my best day, but I have a shining, dare I say even radiant personality so I always FEEL like a 7...typically. So it's not so much that it hurts my vanity but makes me wonder how other really see me.

Quoting ramita:

I can see similarities between you and you ggm and you and your dad. I don't think she wasn't a handsome woman, I just think the style of the time didn't do her justice.

CafeMom Tickers
ramita
by Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 10:46 PM
1 mom liked this
Don't get me wrong the style was a gorgeous one, but for some body/facial types it just didn't work...kwim. She looked like a very nice person and probably had a good personality, if you could get past the gruff part.

Quoting MamaLioness2012:

See, I love the style, but she was a german farmgirl, very gruff existance. My grandmother isn't terribly handsome either but she didn't get the cute button nose, she got the hawk beak! I'm not saying it's necessarilly a bad thing. I've come to terms with the fact that I'm not a 10...I think a 6 would be generous on my best day, but I have a shining, dare I say even radiant personality so I always FEEL like a 7...typically. So it's not so much that it hurts my vanity but makes me wonder how other really see me.

Quoting ramita:

MamaPeanut
by Kristy on Oct. 28, 2013 at 8:41 AM
You look a lot like your grandmother!

You are both beautiful!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)