Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Dressing up with your kids for Halloween is it a do or don't?

Posted by on Oct. 27, 2013 at 10:00 PM
  • 22 Replies

So my kids decided what they wanted to be for halloween however by the time it was time to go buy them we couldn't find the one my daughter wanted. I told her to pick the closest thing to what she originally wanted and go with that so we started looking. The kids costumes in the store are in the same isle as the adult so she noticed that there was a girl bumble bee and a female adult bumble bee. She then purposed that we both go as matching bumble bees and I of course agreed cause I personally don't see anything wrong with having a little fun along with your kids on Halloween. This is not the first time I have dressed up with my kiddos. Year before last my husband and I were vampires but we got ALOT of dirty looks from other parents. So what is everyones opinion on dressing up with your kids for trick or treating?

by on Oct. 27, 2013 at 10:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mommy4-27-08
by Silver Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 10:06 PM
We dress up, but I have gotten weird looks from adults before. I don't personally see the issue as long as your dressed appropriately.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
frndlyfn
by Silver Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 10:11 PM

I think it is fun for parents to dress up with their children. It builds memories with them.  haha i am so boring I only have halloween tshirts and I will wear one of dd's animal headbands (bunny, cat, minnie mouse, etc)

MamaBuck09
by on Oct. 27, 2013 at 10:14 PM
Yep I agree! We are all going as Disney characters this year Im belle dh is a Prince and both my dd's are going as princesses too Ariel and snow white! all my 4 yr olds idea! lol

Quoting Mommy4-27-08:

We dress up, but I have gotten weird looks from adults before. I don't personally see the issue as long as your dressed appropriately.

pfc_halls_wifey
by on Oct. 27, 2013 at 10:25 PM

This bee costume was kinda iffy for me at first sight but being that it is gonna be in the low 50's that night we are gonna have to rock jeans and jackets anyway. So really all people are gonna see of our costumes is antennas,wings and tutus. :)

mrsniebo
by Silver Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 10:30 PM
It can be fun to dress up with the kids, as long as it's within reason. I'm not big on wearing costumes, but DD was thrilled that I made TMNT hats for the whole family this Fall. (She is 3 and hadn't even heard of the Ninja Turtles before I finished the hats, but has since become a fan.)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sj3starz
by on Oct. 27, 2013 at 11:36 PM
I dressed up with my daughters and I feel like it helps the kids feel the magic of the holiday better. When I was little I loved trick or treating at houses where the adults passed out candy in costume.
Moonauthor
by Member on Oct. 28, 2013 at 7:02 AM

Dressing up with them is a must. :-D

TwinkleStars918
by Member on Oct. 28, 2013 at 7:04 AM
I love it.

I am going to be batman and my 3 year old son will be robin. He is so excited.
MamaPeanut
by Kristy on Oct. 28, 2013 at 8:43 AM
I'm all for it!!!

It's fun and a great family activity!

This year we are all dressing up as characters from the cartoon Adventure Time. I made our costumes. :)
cutestmom24
by Chantell on Oct. 28, 2013 at 8:51 AM
Im not dressing up persay.i am wearing all black with a mask.my dd is going to be a bat fairy :)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN