Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Will belly ever go back? *pics*

Posted by on Oct. 28, 2013 at 9:50 AM
  • 44 Replies

Is it possible for your belly to go back postbaby if you had been heavy before. I am 10 months pp and still have a big ol belly. I can't blame it on a ton of weight gain because I only gained 13 while preggo. I think the problem might have been that I gained quite a bit of weight before. Now i am 145 lbs @ 5'5 which I understand is by no means small but still. Also I am afraid that if I lose anymore  weight (have lost baby weight plus 20 addlt pounds) that my stomach will be bunchy from my stretch marks because they are clear up to my ribs, so is it possible that even with stretch marks you can have smooth skin after weight loss? Here is a pic of my belly

and here is a pic of what I am afraid I will look like if i do lose anymore weight

And this post is more for ppl that were heavier before or that have a ton of stretch marks because sometimes thinner or in shape women don't have as many problems with this

by on Oct. 28, 2013 at 9:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Cafe Steph
by Head Admin on Oct. 28, 2013 at 10:42 AM
1 mom liked this

My youngest is 12 yrs and my belly looks pretty much like yours, although the stretchmarks are now very silvery light and barely noticeable now.

caterpilar
by Member on Oct. 28, 2013 at 10:59 AM
I honestly think it all depends on genetics. My stomach will never be smooth and tight again. I lost 120 pounds and it's not the same. I've heard that it does get better over time. I hope that's true.
Indy3000
by Bronze Member on Oct. 28, 2013 at 11:09 AM

Wow that is a lot of weight! That's awesome you lost it. Do you have a ton of loose skin?

Quoting caterpilar:

I honestly think it all depends on genetics. My stomach will never be smooth and tight again. I lost 120 pounds and it's not the same. I've heard that it does get better over time. I hope that's true.

caterpilar
by Member on Oct. 28, 2013 at 11:18 AM
No, I don't have a ton but I do have some. I lost the weight slowly by eating clean and exercising. I'm still working on losing some weight and getting rid of the stubborn belly fat that is hanging around. My belly is the worst. I'll take a pic for you in a sec.

Quoting Indy3000:

Wow that is a lot of weight! That's awesome you lost it. Do you have a ton of loose skin?

Quoting caterpilar:

caterpilar
by Member on Oct. 28, 2013 at 11:21 AM

Mobile Photo

:/ I'm hoping it will look better when I lose the rest of this fat. It looks a little better when I'm flexing.
Indy3000
by Bronze Member on Oct. 28, 2013 at 11:33 AM

Your belly does not look as bad as it probably does in your head. Looking at it, I would have guessed at one time you are a little heavier but not 120 lbs heavier. I have seen a lot worse on someone who lost 50 lbs 

Quoting caterpilar:

Mobile Photo

:/ I'm hoping it will look better when I lose the rest of this fat. It looks a little better when I'm flexing.

MeeshMom
by Silver Member on Oct. 28, 2013 at 11:41 AM
I'm thin and my belly looks like that. MY son is 6. It won't go away without surgery. I also have a large scar on my abdomen from a previous surgery so I may do scar reduction surgery and see if they can repair my belt button instead of a full on tummy tuck.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
caterpilar
by Member on Oct. 28, 2013 at 11:41 AM
Thank you for saying that. I am really insecure about it. I am a single mom and I'm worried that my future partner is going to be grossed out by it.

Quoting Indy3000:

Your belly does not look as bad as it probably does in your head. Looking at it, I would have guessed at one time you are a little heavier but not 120 lbs heavier. I have seen a lot worse on someone who lost 50 lbs 

Quoting caterpilar:

Mobile Photo

MamaPeanut
by Kristy on Oct. 28, 2013 at 2:12 PM
Same here.

I just don't stress it. Of all the things to be upset about, this isn't worth it to me. :)

Quoting Cafe Steph:

My youngest is 12 yrs and my belly looks pretty much like yours, although the stretchmarks are now very silvery light and barely noticeable now.

MamaPeanut
by Kristy on Oct. 28, 2013 at 2:14 PM
My belly is still very "flabby" and I of course have those lovely stretch marks.

I've had 2 c-sections and just never bounced back from the second one almost 3 years ago.

My daughter once announced at a party (in front of a bunch of Moms, thankfully) that I "look like a kangaroo naked"!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)