Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

My boy is a bully!

Posted by on Oct. 28, 2013 at 3:13 PM
  • 4 Replies

*I don't really think he's a bully, he's being a toddler, but that's how I feel sometimes*

Levi will be 2 in January. He has interacted with other kids his age off and on since he was crawling, but nothing routine. Play dates and such. He usually likes kids older than him. We have been sitting a 12 month old all last week and today, and Levi is mean! (Again, just being a toddler, I know.)

He doesn't like to share his toys. I bring plenty out so they both have lots to choose from, but he just doesn't want Ryder (the babe) to have any. To the point where he pushes, hits, and today bit the baby.

I have NO idea what to do. I've never had to deal with fighting babies, and Ryder does fight back. I'm afraid of over reacting. Levi is my first, and I've never had such consistent interaction with babies. I don't know what type of punishment will work.

He knows "ow" is pain, and so when he hurts Ryder I do say ow, and he did kiss Ryders arm after he bit it. But mostly he doesn't seem to care. He goes into time out, but it doesn't really phase him. I don't have an issue with spanking my child, I just don't know if a 2 year old is mature enough to understand a spanking. I'm feeling overwhelmed, and I feel like I've failed him, and I have no idea what to do...

ANYTHING would be great.  Even if it's just a "keep working on it". Ryder's last day here is Friday, and at this point I'm never going to babysit for anyone ever again.

by on Oct. 28, 2013 at 3:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on Oct. 28, 2013 at 3:19 PM

Both of mine were like that about that age. I'd try keeping them apart while playing. Does the baby have a playpen or highchair he can sit in while he has playtime?

chucknora
by New Member on Oct. 28, 2013 at 3:21 PM

I have a pack n play that he naps in.  I could try putting him in it with toys, but I think he associates it with naptime.  I'll give it a go.

k9l1c5
by Ruby Member on Oct. 29, 2013 at 10:19 PM
I think it is just the age. They are still exploring things at that age and testing boundaries. I would keep working on it. I wouldn't spank him, he probably wouldn't understand that.
LoveMyBabies28
by on Oct. 30, 2013 at 10:46 PM

Okay with my oldest even though she did not have any siblings yet I taught her to share with me and her dad. This way, when she was with other kids she already got the concept of sharing and how things worked. We never had an issue with her sharing because we did it so much at home with her that she was good with it. 

I would separate them while playing until their able to share and play nice and I would work with your son on sharing at home with you and your spouse/partner. It never hurts to try! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)