Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Juggling Acts

Posted by on Oct. 28, 2013 at 9:53 PM
  • 9 Replies

Hey there everyone, 

I am new... and I was just wondering if there was anyone out there that could offer a little moral support.  

I am 24 years old.  I have one son, he is 16 months old today.  I am a full time waitress, full time student, and full time mom and wife.  I just feel so overwhelmed.  I dont know how people do this.  I have to work to afford school.  I am in my last semester of my senior year for my BA.  I take online classes and night classes two nights a week.  I work five mornings/days a week.  And, I have to take care of my son every night.  Plus, all my housewife chores.  I love my husband, but he really is not much help.  He is used to his life before the baby where I guess I kinda spoiled him.  He has never really had to do laundry, dished, house cleaning, or any "womans work" and he is not about to start now.  Does anyone else have this problem?  And if so, how do you deal?? 

Thank you for any advice, guidance, or just prayers lol!!! 

Belinda Frazier

by on Oct. 28, 2013 at 9:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
pumpkin1423
by on Oct. 29, 2013 at 9:18 AM
2 moms liked this

I stay at home with my 19 month old, but go to school full time. Before baby, I spoiled my husband too and I worked full time. But now, we both technically work full time, we both add to the mess in the house, and we both help to clean it up. Honestly, I just sat him down and said I can't do this by myself anymore and asked him to pick two things to do around the house regularly...no matter how small. He said he'd do his own laundry and empty all of the trash bins. Since then he has taken on the dishes a few times a week. When he does help, act super appreciative, even if you feel like he should be doing those things anyways. It makes a difference in their willingness to help more. Good luck!

k9l1c5
by Ruby Member on Oct. 29, 2013 at 9:37 AM

Welcome to the group Belinda! I'm Khelsea :). I have a 14 month old daughter and I take college classes online too, but only take them part time. If I have to take any in person they will have to be night classes too. My fiance is not a super big help either. He helps a little bit, but usually I have to ask. I just do what I can and try to get everything done that I need to. I'm glad that at the moment I don't need to get a job outside of the home, but it is a possibility that I will have to before I am done school. I still have at least 2 years left going part time. And before I had dd and became a SAHM I worked full time first shift and went to school. I know it is so hard to juggle everything. At least you are in your last semester of school though!

nada2000
by on Oct. 29, 2013 at 9:45 AM
1 mom liked this

Have. You ever thought about staying home. My life used to be crazy , I have 4 kids so it was even more crazy until I decided to stay home. It really cha,need my life.

MamaPeanut
by Kristy on Oct. 29, 2013 at 1:38 PM
Have you talked with him about it??

That's ridiculous and really unfair. He should be doing just as much, if not more around the house than you.

I would not put up with that.

:(
tperez10
by on Oct. 29, 2013 at 1:48 PM

When DS was one, I was working a full-time job and a part-time job, going to school full-time, and being a mom and spouse. Some days I went straight from work to go to school, then go home and spend time with SO and DS. Some days, I'd work all day, then come home and cook dinner. I would clean the house before I go to work. I would be dead tired some days, but I made it work. Having the help and support of SO was really great too, when he would help. I stopped working when I found out I was pregnant again.

Now I'm a SAHM and a full-time student.

nhmama11
by on Oct. 29, 2013 at 1:57 PM

I do the same thing. I work third shift full time, then come home to 3 kids that need help. My oldest goes to school then I have the 4 year old and 10 month old running around. My fiance just started helping me with sleeping and household chores. Communication is the most important thing right now. Tell him how you feel. He loves you and doesn't want you unhappy. And you don't want to resent him. I think working together and accomplishing your goals will make you a strong and happy couple.

coupon_ash_back
by on Oct. 29, 2013 at 2:04 PM

I'm not sure..I just do I guess. Dh and I both work, are students, keep up with home life, and will be raising 3 under 6. Its overwhelming if you think about it. Just try to find a moment and do something you enojy.

FrazierBM
by on Oct. 29, 2013 at 2:54 PM
Thank you so much guys. It's great to know I'm not alone. I have really tried to talk to him about it before but I think communicating to him that I need help isn't working. He helps for that day but then seems to forget that he should continue to do it. I love him and I want things to work. I don't want to end up resenting him over this.
thenameshailie
by Member on Oct. 29, 2013 at 3:51 PM
1 mom liked this

You are not a housewife. You go to school and you work, so the house hold responsibilities should not only fall on you. Surly your husband can pitch in for one semester, you should talk to him about it. That isnt a fair set up you have going on. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)