Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

I Don't Want To Give Birth

Posted by on Oct. 28, 2013 at 11:22 PM
  • 19 Replies
As silly as it sounds, I am terrified of giving birth. This is my second pregnancy. You see the first time around, I had no idea what labor would be like, so I wasnt as anxious. However, now, I am soooo on edge. I keep feeling a sense of regret, you know. Its making me kind of depressed :( I wish I could have my baby, without actually having my baby. That probably doesnt even make sense. I just feel like labor is traumatic, the only good thing is the end result. Uh well, at the end of the day this baby gotta come out. Just wish I wasnt so stressed about it.
by on Oct. 28, 2013 at 11:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
frndlyfn
by Silver Member on Oct. 28, 2013 at 11:29 PM

Just relax.  Did you use any pain meds the first time or all natural drug free?

PandaSamm
by on Oct. 28, 2013 at 11:30 PM
1 mom liked this
I felt the same way with my second...absolutely terrified because i knew what to expect. Wishing theyd put me to sleep and take her out themselves.. :-( Haha wish i hadanything to say thatd make you feel better about it. I went to the hospital scared as hell but thankfully it was over in less than 2 hours. :-)
GwenGray
by on Oct. 28, 2013 at 11:35 PM

you will be fine hun. In the end when you look at your baby, you will think that either it was a silly fear or you'll forget that fear even existed. But I know what you mean. I'm terrified that something will go wrong and I'll pass away or both baby and I pass away. Absolutely terrified and I'm almost 30 weeks. 

MamaPeanut
by Kristy on Oct. 28, 2013 at 11:36 PM
I'm sure it's normal.

I'm all about my c-sections though.
atikin0628
by on Oct. 29, 2013 at 1:03 AM
I tried to without meds, but after turning down the epidural 2 times, I gave in the third time it was offered. The pain was unbearable. Some say it was because my labor was induced. Other women have mentioned that an induced labor is much more painful then when you go into labor naturally. IDK.

Quoting atikin0628:

As silly as it sounds, I am terrified of giving birth. This is my second pregnancy. You see the first time around, I had no idea what labor would be like, so I wasnt as anxious. However, now, I am soooo on edge. I keep feeling a sense of regret, you know. Its making me kind of depressed :( I wish I could have my baby, without actually having my baby. That probably doesnt even make sense. I just feel like labor is traumatic, the only good thing is the end result. Uh well, at the end of the day this baby gotta come out. Just wish I wasnt so stressed about it.

atikin0628
by on Oct. 29, 2013 at 1:04 AM
I tried to without meds, but after turning down the epidural 2 times, I gave in the third time it was offered. The pain
was unbearable. Some say it was because my labor was induced. Other women have mentioned that an induced labor is
much more painful then when you go into labor naturally. IDK.

Quoting frndlyfn:

Just relax.  Did you use any pain meds the first time or all natural drug free?

Butterfly_xo
by Member on Oct. 29, 2013 at 2:22 AM

I feel the exact same way !!! I'm only 11 weeks pregnant with bebe #2 and I'm terrified of giving birth lol. With my son, I had a vaginal birth and it hurt like hell ! But the thing is, everything happened so fast and I didn't know what to expect since it was my first time. Now I know what's going to happen and I'm nervous :( 

pumpkin1423
by on Oct. 29, 2013 at 9:11 AM

Pitocin does make the contractions stronger and quite a bit more painful. Induced labors almost always result in the moms asking for the epidural. 

Hopefully this time you go into labor on your own. But if not, you know to ask for pain relief earlier on.

With my son I had to be induced, there was no way to work through induced contractions. I had them place the epidural, turned off the lights, put on some soothing music, and fell asleep. I woke up a few minutes before I was ready to push. 

If I have another, I think I will hire a doula because I wanted to punch my delivery nurse in the face, she refused to let me go at my own pace, and I felt rushed and pushed too hard...ripped really badly. 

LoveMyBabies28
by on Oct. 30, 2013 at 11:16 PM
1 mom liked this

I am pretty sure you sound normal to any mother out there! Lol. We have all had that feeling before, can't they just come out easily and in a non painful way? Haha. I wish! But you know as soon as that angel is in your arms the pain that you felt minutes before no longer matters anymore. =) I was so nervous with my youngest daughter before having her because I thought it was going to be harder for some reason than the other two and actually she was the easiest labor of all. You will get through this and have an angel in your arms before you know it! =)

Ryanswifey42012
by Member on Oct. 30, 2013 at 11:17 PM
Get the epidural. You won't feel anything.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)