Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

I KNOW I am being jealous but I cant help but be jealous :(

Posted by on Oct. 29, 2013 at 12:54 PM
  • 41 Replies

So my mom told everyone what she was getting my son and my nephew for xmas. Her and my father are getting my nephew a Thomas the Train set that comes with a track table and all the accessories she told me it was about $200. My nephew LOVES trains so I was excited for him (mostly because I could play with it also! hehe) and she told me she was getting my son a potty chair and clothes.

I was a little shocked at this. I dont expect her to spend the same amount of money on each child nor do I expect her to get them the same number of gifts. However I was/ am a little...maybe extremely..jealous of her getting my nephew toys and my kid was getting a potty chair. I dont see a potty chair as a christmas present :/

Mommy to one angel, 1 crazy toddler and 1 on the way!!
by on Oct. 29, 2013 at 12:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
funmommy123
by Bronze Member on Oct. 29, 2013 at 12:56 PM
Just tell her then, it is uour mom. It wouldn't bother me, because they're gifts.
nocalmegan
by Bronze Member on Oct. 29, 2013 at 12:58 PM
My mom always asks for suggestions so I've never had that issue. That is kinda like getting socks and undies for Christmas, which as an adult is fine but as a kid that's not very exciting lol.
JRSMOM0621
by on Oct. 29, 2013 at 12:58 PM

The problem is that it seriously shouldnt bother me. I should be happy as hell that she is getting him something. When I had expressed to her about what else she was getting she told me "well clothes and the potty chair. I'm not going to be getting them the same thing every yr". Eek I think I started that off wrong to begin with lol

Quoting funmommy123:

Just tell her then, it is uour mom. It wouldn't bother me, because they're gifts.

JRSMOM0621
by on Oct. 29, 2013 at 12:59 PM

My boy will play with the box lol I think she thought it would be a good idea since he is interested in the potty since my nephew is potty training.

Quoting nocalmegan:

My mom always asks for suggestions so I've never had that issue. That is kinda like getting socks and undies for Christmas, which as an adult is fine but as a kid that's not very exciting lol.

esox
by Bronze Member on Oct. 29, 2013 at 1:01 PM
I agree! A potty chair is not Christmas material. Is there a big age difference between the kids?
Maybe drop some hints about toys your son would love to have from Grammy for Christmas. Was the Thomas table & set used? Just the table alone is typically $200 with no trains or anything.
nocalmegan
by Bronze Member on Oct. 29, 2013 at 1:01 PM
It is a good idea :) just not a fun one lol

Quoting JRSMOM0621:

My boy will play with the box lol I think she thought it would be a good idea since he is interested in the potty since my nephew is potty training.

Quoting nocalmegan:

funmommy123
by Bronze Member on Oct. 29, 2013 at 1:02 PM
That's what I was thinking too. That she is probably getting him the potty chair, because she knows he needs it. If it was my mom, I would just tell her that my son has plenty of clothes (if he do) & maybe just get hkm a toy with the potty chair.

Quoting JRSMOM0621:

Quoting nocalmegan:

JRSMOM0621
by on Oct. 29, 2013 at 1:06 PM

I think she is a little intimidated by my MIL who gets him blocks and toys randomly. She has told me several times that she wasnt competing with MIL. But she knows I'm getting rid of almost all of his toys. He does need clothes and a potty chair would help get him started on that road but he doesnt seem to be at that stage yet. It would just sit in the closet or he would play with the box until it ripped lol

Quoting funmommy123:

That's what I was thinking too. That she is probably getting him the potty chair, because she knows he needs it. If it was my mom, I would just tell her that my son has plenty of clothes (if he do) & maybe just get hkm a toy with the potty chair.

Quoting JRSMOM0621:

Quoting nocalmegan:

mama2b100808
by Mandy on Oct. 29, 2013 at 1:07 PM
1 mom liked this

Yeah I don't see a potty chair a christmas gift either.

JRSMOM0621
by on Oct. 29, 2013 at 1:09 PM

They found it on sale on some website I think it was amazon or something like that. My son is 16 months and my nephew is 2 1/2. They both play with the same toys

Quoting esox:

I agree! A potty chair is not Christmas material. Is there a big age difference between the kids?
Maybe drop some hints about toys your son would love to have from Grammy for Christmas. Was the Thomas table & set used? Just the table alone is typically $200 with no trains or anything.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN