Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Who does the bills?

Posted by on Oct. 29, 2013 at 1:49 PM
  • 107 Replies
Who does the bills in your house? Do you like your current set up?
by on Oct. 29, 2013 at 1:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MamaPeanut
by Kristy on Oct. 29, 2013 at 1:50 PM
1 mom liked this
I do.

I've worked in accounting for 10 yrs, so it's easy for me, and dh doesn't want to anyway, lol
tperez10
by on Oct. 29, 2013 at 1:52 PM

Me. I CANNOT and REFUSE to let SO do it. If he did it, all our bills would either be late or flat out not paid.

k9l1c5
by Ruby Member on Oct. 29, 2013 at 1:55 PM
Lol this is how it goes here too. I do all the bills and have a spreadsheet for all of them. Df likes that I do them and keep track of our accounts, he doesn't want any parts of it. He just asks how much is in our account if he needs something haha.

And I wasn't in accounting, but was an asst manager for 4 years. I loved doing the books though, was my favorite part of my job lol.

Quoting MamaPeanut:

I do.

I've worked in accounting for 10 yrs, so it's easy for me, and dh doesn't want to anyway, lol
k9l1c5
by Ruby Member on Oct. 29, 2013 at 1:56 PM
Lol I'm sure this is what would happen if I let df do them too.

Quoting tperez10:

Me. I CANNOT and REFUSE to let SO do it. If he did it, all our bills would either be late or flat out not paid.

coupon_ash_back
by on Oct. 29, 2013 at 1:57 PM

me. if dh did, I wouldn't be worried it works out better if I do it. I'm more organized and have more time for things.

mama2b100808
by Mandy on Oct. 29, 2013 at 1:58 PM

My husband does them.

k9l1c5
by Ruby Member on Oct. 29, 2013 at 2:00 PM
Yeah I'm more organized than my df. I'm sure he could manage if he used my spreadsheet of what is due when and what we are paying for which check, but otherwise he would have no clue. We have been together 5 years and he has never once even looked at the bills. The closest he got was the one time he was like "but where did my check go", so I signed him into our online banking and he counted all his little trips to the convenience store and finally realized that they all add up.

Quoting coupon_ash_back:

me. if dh did, I wouldn't be worried it works out better if I do it. I'm more organized and have more time for things.

k9l1c5
by Ruby Member on Oct. 29, 2013 at 2:00 PM
Does he mind doing them?

Quoting mama2b100808:

My husband does them.

Twin2Walker
by Member on Oct. 29, 2013 at 2:30 PM

I usually write the checks and make sure it gets in the mail. He takes care of the cars so I don't mind.

KatLee42513
by on Oct. 29, 2013 at 2:32 PM

My husband.  We don't really have many bills - The mortgage, HOA, Electric, Water every 3 months, Internet....that's it

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)